cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer FXLS8967AF --- Active(WAKE/SLEEP) operation concerns

BillWu123
Contributor I

HI,

I'm a new developer working on your product FXLS8967AF, and here I want to raise two questions.

①Is there any other way to enter Active(sleep) mode if I set ASLP_CNT == 0 (BT mode= GND)?

This questions occurs when I have found my friend want to use low power mode(Active/sleep mode) to wake up another chips. But after having read his code, I found that he set ASLP_CNT == 0 and he insisted on sleep mode has been activated.

②What's the difference between  FXLS8967AF and FXLS8964AF ?

Best regards

Bill Wu

0 Kudos
3 Replies

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bill,

①Is there any other way to enter Active(sleep) mode if I set ASLP_CNT == 0 (BT mode= GND)?

This questions occurs when I have found my friend want to use low power mode(Active/sleep mode) to wake up another chips. But after having read his code, I found that he set ASLP_CNT == 0 and he insisted on sleep mode has been activated.

[A] Please refer to the Table 16. in the FXLS8967AF datasheet. To enter SLEEP mode, the ASLP_CNT must be set to 1, but there are also other low power modes. STANDBY or HIBERNATE mode. Your colleague's most probably meant, that the FXLS8967AF was in STANDBY mode. After the power up, the FXLS8967AF automatically enters STANDBY mode.

Screenshot_1.png

JozefKozon_0-1705302352483.png

②What's the difference between  FXLS8967AF and FXLS8964AF ?

[A] There is a very little difference between the FXLS8967AF and FXLS8964AF. Please see below.

The FXLS8964AF has slightly higher noise, than FXLS8967AF.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

The FXLS8964AF targets keyfob, and the FXLS8967AF targets non-safety automotive application other than keyfob.

The FXLS8964/67 are specifically PPAPed for automotive application,

Capture.jpg

With Best Regard,

Jozef

0 Kudos

BillWu123
Contributor I

HI Jozef,

Thank you very much for your answer, it does help.

Best regards

Bill Wu 

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bill,

you are very welcome. Have a nice day.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos