Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPX5050DP how to read positive pressure and vacuum pressure

Jump to solution
dewaste
Contributor I

Good morning,

I am developing a pitot tube for a student experimental rocket project. To read the pressure differential between the total pressure (positive pressure) and the static pressure (vacuum pressure) I use an MPX5050DP sensor, I read the voltage at pin 1 and, using the graph in the datasheet showing the evolution of the voltage as a function of the pressure differential, I deduce a pressure differential. However, I would also like to measure the 2 pressures individually using pins 4 and 5 of the sensor, but there is no graph or other information in the datasheet showing the evolution of these pressures as a function of the voltage read at theses pins. Could you help me please?

I have another quick question, what is the use of the last sensor pin, pin 6 named Vex?

Here, attached, is the datasheet I use.

Thank you very much in advance for your response, and sorry for this long message.

Have a great day.

Best regards,

Arthur DEWASTE.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Arthur,

V1, V2 and Vex pins are used for factory trimming and we recommend to leave these pins unconnected/floating.

As you correctly stated, you will require only pin #1 (Vout), pin #2 (Ground) and pin #3 (Supply voltage) as shown in the data sheet.

BR, Tomas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Arthur,

V1, V2 and Vex pins are used for factory trimming and we recommend to leave these pins unconnected/floating.

As you correctly stated, you will require only pin #1 (Vout), pin #2 (Ground) and pin #3 (Supply voltage) as shown in the data sheet.

BR, Tomas

dewaste
Contributor I

thank you very much for your answer!
So I am not going to use these pins and only use the first 3 pins as you told me.

Have a great day. 

0 Kudos