JCOP 3 Tool install for eclipse problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCOP 3 Tool install for eclipse problems

tonysims
Contributor I

I'm having trouble with the accessing the JCOP 3 licensing wizard to activate our JCOP tools. The wizard doesn't show if I try to create a new project. I have the Oracle JCDK 3.1 installed and it also uses a Java Card Project wizard. But I have to assume that the JCOP tools use a separate wizard. At any rate, there isn't a separate folder showing for the JCOP tools. Can you assist in getting this corrected. The version of eclipse that I am using is 4.8.

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

Please kindly follow the steps as mentioned in JCOP_Tools_Getting_Started .pdf which is inside the JCOP 3.8.3.5 tool.

If you need a conference call , please kindly contact your local Disty. 

Distributor Network | NXP 

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

tonysims
Contributor I

Kan,

The steps were followed and that’s why I have reached out to you. The current mode we are on is not getting results. Is there a step that you think I missed? Can you escalate this to a manager that will help get us on the right track of provide a contact for me to escalate?

Regards,

Tony Sims

Technology Mngr, Zwipe

This email and any files sent with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

As I know, JCDK 3.1 is not mentioned anywhere in JCOP_Tools_Getting_Started .pdf, please use JRE or JDK 1.6 instead.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

tonysims
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

I'm not sure if we are having a language problem but your response isn't addressing the problem nor the information provided. Can you provide a solution to the problem?

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

I understand your concerns, and I have reproduced your issue on 4.8 version, looks like it is due to eclipse version, cause when I use 4.3 instead, the plugins can be installed properly, and the license wizard comes out as expected.

pastedImage_1.png

You may download the 4.3 EE version from the following link:

https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/juno/SR2/eclip... 

and after successfully installation, you may see "NXP" as below.

pastedImage_3.png

Please note I didn't install any JCDK 3.1 on my laptop. Please follow the prerequisites requirements listed in JCOP_Tools_Getting_Started .pdf. and my java version info is as below:

pastedImage_5.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

tonysims
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

Unfortunately, your response is way too late. Further its an incomplete response. Someone using this response is going to find that it doesn’t work, especially against the documentation that is included with the JCOP tools. Can you go back and get the documents that address this issue that is held by the group responsible for the JCOP tools. Again, I am disappointed in the amount of time it took for you and NXP to address this issue. NXP definitely does not respect their customers nor does it value a customer’s schedule.

Regards,

Tony Sims

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the bad feeling the late response brought to you, but maybe there is some misunderstanding here, you know, the JCOP tool is not a mass market product supported by the community, it is usually supported by your local Disty, but anyway, since you post this issue here, I tried my best to help you, but due to the first time with JCOP, I have to take some time in learning this product, and in the meantime I also contacted some JCOP experts, but they could not reproduce your issue and suggest you follow the "JCOP_Tools_Getting_Started .pdf" included in the JCOP tool. 

I have tried many eclipse version, but none of them can install the JCOP3 tool successfully except 4.3 EE version, looks like due to lack of a plugin converter service, so I put my test result as a quick workaround as above, but you said it doesn't work, would you please tell me more details about it? I may try to reproduce it here.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

Which product are you using? Would you please specify?

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

tonysims
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

We meet some time early in your day to go over all of these questions? Otherwise this will take days to understand the problem.

We are using the NXP JCOP version 3.8.3.5 product. We are having trouble with some install steps as described in the original description of the customer request.

Regards,

Tony Sims

Technology Mngr, Zwipe

tony@zwipe.com

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the information! Actually JCOP3 tool is used for some device such as SmartMX family, so there should be a package for this device as well , and you may install it via eclipse by "Main Menu: -> –Help -> Install New Software…" did you install this package after JCOP3 installation and right before JCOP tools activation? Please kindly clarify.

Actually this is the channel for online support, and if you need an on-site support, please kindly contact your local Disty. You may refer to the following for details.

Distributor Network | NXP 

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

tonysims
Contributor I

Kan,

I installed it before the JCOP 3. Can you help with the immediate problem related licensing wizard?

I attached a configuration log to help.

Can we have a conference call on this?

Regards,

Tony Sims

0 Kudos

tonysims
Contributor I

Blank by accident.

0 Kudos