How to send deleteALL APDU if RESERVED_ID_FACTORY_RESET pin is forgotten?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send deleteALL APDU if RESERVED_ID_FACTORY_RESET pin is forgotten?

Jump to solution
priyanka_priyad
Contributor II

Hello Kan_Li‌,

I am using NXP se050 smart card with FRDM-K64F NXP microcontroller eval board and APDU player tool from Plug & trust Secure element family to communicate with MC-SC.

I created an authentication object using RESERVED_ID_FACTORY_RESET identifier but I forgot the pin value that I used there.

Now, I want erase factory reset my se050 smart card using deleteAll command, but since I forgot the RESERVED_ID_FACTORY_RESET pin, I am not able to verify this session and hence not able to use deleteAll command.

Is there any way I can recover the forgotten pin or any other way to erase everything from smart card?

Hope to get a reply soon.

Thanks a lot!

Priyanka

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Priyanka,

Since you have FRDM-K64F with SE050, can you run the any vs project such as "se05x_minimal" on your side with the following definition set as 1?

pastedImage_2.png

which would call Se05x_API_DeleteAll_Iterative() to delete object one by one from startup, maybe this function is not so efficient as DeleteAll command, but might delete some of the files you created before.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Priyanka,

I just checked with the expert on your question, please kindly refer to the following for details.

without authentication of the credential in RESERVED_ID_FACTORY_RESET there is no way to delete it unless a special policy got set by the customer during creation of  RESERVED_ID_FACTORY_RESET which would allow deletion also with other rights. 

Please kindly check if the policy of POLICY_OBJ_ALLOW_DELETE has been assigned for this Auth object.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
priyanka_priyad
Contributor II

Hello Kan,

There is no policy of POLICY_OBJ_ALLOW_DELETE has been assigned for this Auth object.

Does this mean my se050 eval board is useless now, as I filled it and I don't remember my RESERVED_ID_FACTORY_RESET pin??

Is there no way to hard reset the se050 eval board?

Thanks, 

Priyanka

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Priyanka,

This doesn't matter, even if you can not delete this Auth object, you can still use the eval board for test. Why not create another auth object? Is there any room in the SE050 on your board?

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
priyanka_priyad
Contributor II

Hello,

Yes there are few hundreds bytes remaining. But as soon as create few files on it for my testing purpose it gets full and doesn't allow me to do further actions.

My problem is, when I first started using se050 eval board I wasn't very familiar with its APDUs so I created very big files unknowingly which I am not able to delete now. And this has filled all the space on my eval board which I need back now.

Thanks,

Priyanka

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Priyanka,

Since you have FRDM-K64F with SE050, can you run the any vs project such as "se05x_minimal" on your side with the following definition set as 1?

pastedImage_2.png

which would call Se05x_API_DeleteAll_Iterative() to delete object one by one from startup, maybe this function is not so efficient as DeleteAll command, but might delete some of the files you created before.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos