cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AES speed

Jump to solution
amir_iot
Contributor I

Hello, I'm a newbie in using okdo E1 board .

Can you estimate how much time will it take to encrypt and decrypt a chunk of 1024 bytes using AES256 with this module . I want high(48K Bytes) amount of data to be encrypted and decrypted with this .

please just reply with the estimated time and any further suggestion or link to other solutions .

Thank you .

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @amir_iot ,

As far as I know, both decrypt and encrypt speed of AES256 is around 15ms for the case of plain communication channel, while take a little bit longer for the case of secure channel on platform or applet, but anyway, you may use it as a reference.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @amir_iot ,

As far as I know, both decrypt and encrypt speed of AES256 is around 15ms for the case of plain communication channel, while take a little bit longer for the case of secure channel on platform or applet, but anyway, you may use it as a reference.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.