Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32v234 customer FMEDA?

Jump to solution
RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Customer is Aptiv.

We gave Aptiv the static FMEDA sheets and they filled out with all their requirements/settings and returned to us. But since then, I've wondered why the field should do this task of transcribing the customer numbers into the final FMEDA spreadsheet and generating to return to the customer? I was under the impression NXP had a safety team that would do this, so they could verify the data returned to the customer was "good" and thus would not lead to any liability on NXP's part...

And I've also been told that most customers only require the basic s32v234 FMEDA with no customization? So I was wondering how to discuss this with Aptiv, so maybe they just use our basic FMEDA and if not, am I correct that there is no safety team in NXP to help review customer FMEDA?

Regards,

Randy Krakora

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this discussion as solved, due to a migration of a new community platform.
If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed thread.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this discussion as solved, due to a migration of a new community platform.
If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed thread.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
aarul
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Randy,

As recommended by ISO, it is system integrator's responsibility to validate the assumptions and request for a change if needed.

The FMEDA provided by NXP is for a standard configuration based on assumed safety concept of the device.  The FAEs are enabled to help customers to modify FMEDA for their configuration if needed. NXP Safety Team then reviews the changes made to the FMEDA before making the release.

Hope this helps,

Regards

-Aarul

0 Kudos
RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Customer wants to know about the standard (Siemens SN29500, IEC62380, the MIL HDBK standard ) used for Treerunner FIT calculation?

-Randy

0 Kudos
aarul
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Its IEC62380.

0 Kudos
RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks! I see it listed in one of the FMEDA docs now too.

-Randy

0 Kudos