Tool Confidence Level of IDE(S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2.2)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Confidence Level of IDE(S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2.2)

tangjie99939
Contributor I

Dears,

We plan to use S32K116  to design a ASIL-A product. We want to know the tool confidence level of  S32 Design Studio for ARM(Version 2.2) , and does the IDE comply with ISO26262? Thanks for your support.

Jason Tang.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

naveenm
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

DS has TCL1.

0 Kudos

Matthias_LEHMANN
Contributor III

Hello NaveenM,

when you say that the S32DS is evaluated as TCL1, does that include the integrated gcc compiler?

I guess to understand the rationale for evaluating the tool as TCL1, I would also need to raise a support ticket as per your previous recommendation?

Best regards

Matthias

\\// Matthias
0 Kudos

naveenm
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matthias,

GCC Complier supported by S32DS for ARM is not qualified for ISO26262 and is not recommended to be used in Safety products.

Please find the detailed information attached.

Please do not distribute/share the document. 

Regards,

NaveenM

0 Kudos

Matthias_LEHMANN
Contributor III

Thanks NaveenM,

I had the assumption that the compiler would be considered part of the S32DS. Since it isn't considered part of S32DS, I can understand why S32DS is TCL1.

Best regards

Matthias

\\// Matthias
0 Kudos

tangjie99939
Contributor I

@naveenm Is there any detailed documentation about TCL of the IDE?  We need to provide proof to the customer. Please send it to my email(tangjie@lance.ltd). Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos

naveenm
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

It is not possible to share these additional details on community page. Request you to please raise a service ticket at www.nxp.com.

Regards,

NaveenM

0 Kudos