cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32k314 Debug Hardware Questions

Jump to solution
Oido
Contributor I

Hello, I am designing a PCB using S32K314. This is my first time designing a PCB and I am having a hard time. The debug equipment I am currently using is USB Multilink Universal, Rev. E. And I read Hardware Design Guides for S32K3XX Microcontrollers and drew an example circuit called JTAG connector with a CAD program.
But when I look at the manual of USB Multilink Universal, it says JTAG is 14PIN. What should I do?
Can I use other debug pins? And even if I can, there are no circuit guidelines in the Hardware Design Guides for S32K3XX Microcontrollers document to pack other debug pins. Please help. This is the JTAG I drew.

JTAG.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Oido 

The USB Multilink Universal and the USB Multilink Universal FX have several debug headers inside to support NXP devices & other ARM Cortex microcontrollers. For S32K3 devices there are the PORT B (STANDARD ARM), PORT F (MINI 20), and PORT G (MINI 10). 

VaneB_2-1716584629198.pngVaneB_1-1716584500902.png

So, we recommend following the circuit guidelines provided in section 4.2 (JTAG and TRACE interface) of the Hardware Design Guides for S32K3XX Microcontrollers. You can also use as a reference the S32K3 Evaluation Board's schematics. 

B.R.

VaneB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Oido 

The USB Multilink Universal and the USB Multilink Universal FX have several debug headers inside to support NXP devices & other ARM Cortex microcontrollers. For S32K3 devices there are the PORT B (STANDARD ARM), PORT F (MINI 20), and PORT G (MINI 10). 

VaneB_2-1716584629198.pngVaneB_1-1716584500902.png

So, we recommend following the circuit guidelines provided in section 4.2 (JTAG and TRACE interface) of the Hardware Design Guides for S32K3XX Microcontrollers. You can also use as a reference the S32K3 Evaluation Board's schematics. 

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos