s32k116 An issue where CAN messages cannot be woken up in STOP2 power mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32k116 An issue where CAN messages cannot be woken up in STOP2 power mode

Contributor II

Referring to the sample code provided by the official, CAN configure PE clock source to; PE clock source is 8MHz; it cannot be awakened in Jlink mode.PE clock source is configured as Peripheral clock, and the PE clock is 48MHz. It can be normally awakened during JLink debugging. However, after taking down JLink to run the connection can and sending a message to MCU to STOP2 mode, it cannot be awakened by sending another message.Please help me, thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zheng Yu,

Are you refer this: Example S32K116 FlexCAN PN STOP S32DS.ARM.2.2
If you don't modify the example, does it work on your S32K116EVB?

If you modify the example, would you please point me where did you modify(Direct attached your project or attach image mark out the edited place)

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is a simple way to change package, please refer: How to change package on S32DS Processor Expert
Different package will not impact the wake up function, please direct download that example and then change package to test.

Please first make sure the example works on your board.

change package.png

I have tried to flash the "Example S32K116 FlexCAN PN STOP S32DS.ARM.2.2" into S32K116EVB, it was able to work when powered by 12V power source(J107 1-2).(Without external J-Link debugger connected)

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi Regards,

It may be due to the version of the development environment. My chip selection failed to load the available model.

Chips are optional in other projects

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Would you please try to use S32DS.ARM.2.2? That example is based on it.

If you have install "S32 Design Studio for ARM v2018.R1 Update 11 with S32 SDK S32K1xx SR 3.0.2(REV UP11)", you should be able to select SDK_S32K1xx_15.

Updates and Patches.png

SDK_S32K1xx_15.png

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi Robin,

I have installed the v2018.R1 version, and have used the official website S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1_UP11.zip to update, do I need to select all items to update during the update process?

Best Regards,

Zheng Yu

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please update the full S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1_UP11.zip.

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Maybe you can try to import "Component Settings to Project" to your S32DS.ARM.2018 project.

Import Component Settings to Project.png

I have "Expert Processor Expert Component Settings", please check the attach file.

Expert Processor Expert Component Settings.png

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos