cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"error 7" using MSD flash programmer for s32k118evb

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi,

My PEMicro Interface can not debug because of my wrong configuration using MCAL port module without jtag pins, so I want to use MDS flash programmer to update new flash image, I build the hello_world_s32K118 and get the hello_world_s32k118.srec image, but when I copy the .srec file to S32K118EVB driver, the led is 2s off followed by 8 rapid on/off blinks, the state "error 7" in LASTSTAT.TXT file, If update MSD-DEBUG-S32K118EVB-Q064_Pemicro_v123.SDA file in bootloader mode, the state "completed" in LASTASTA.TXT file, so where is wrong, can you give me some advice? thans very much.

Best Regards,

Qiuju.ye

0 Kudos
5 Replies

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi Robin_Shen,

Now the S32K118EVB is well, thanks very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Qiuju.ye

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Qiuju.ye,

"Emergency Kinetis Device Recovery by Full Chip Erase" in S32DS debug configuration window may helps.
Emergency Kinetis Device Recovery by Full Chip Erase.png

If still not work, then please try to use the P&E recovery utility mentioned in Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power . This tool is able to keep the board halted modem then you can use S32DS program or debug it.

It is also recommended to read a good application note:
 AN12130, Production Flash Programming Best Practices for S32K1xx MCUs

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi Robin_Shen,

when OpenSDA interface still can not debug, I try update  BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA and MSD-DEBUG-S32K118EVB-Q064_Pemicro_v123.SDA, then the error is as following:

Error in services launch sequence

PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : Unable to auto-detect debug hardware. Please specify on the command-line. If running from Eclipse, check the launch Debug Configuration settings. Halting.

Do I update wrong firmwares or other?

Best Regards,

Qiuju.ye

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Qiuju.ye,

Would you please click the "SDA_INFO" to check the information of OpenSDA?

Here is the information of my S32K118EVB.

Check the Bootloader Version and Application Version

SDA_INFO.png

The default Bootloader Version is 1.13, so I don't think you need to update it by using BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA.

I have try to update the Application Version to 1.23, it also work when debug S32K118 in S32DS for ARM2.2.

The J104 on S32K118EVB is connect pin 1 and pin 2. Keeping reset button SW5(RESET) pressed, while connecting the USB cable. It was able to get into bootloader mode. I just copy the MSD-DEBUG-S32K118EVB-Q064_Pemicro_v123.SDA into BOOTLOADER drive.

If you are using Win10 PC update firmware, then you may need to refer: Bricking and Recovering OpenSDA Boards in Windows 8 and 10

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi Robin_Shen,

Thanks for your help. I use  jlink and Kinetis_Recovery_Utility tool to recovery, after recovery, use jlink to download hello_world example in S32DS sdk successfully, then use OpenSDA interface to debug but it still can not be used, only jlink or multilink can download the code to EVB board.   so I do not know where is wrong?

Best Regards,

Qiuju.ye 

0 Kudos