data flash partition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data flash partition

Contributor III

hello,

I am confused with S32k146 EEPROM partition and have got some examples but slao confused,  I want to partiton more than one time such as two times, what are the steps for the partiton,and what's the meaning of every step? 

wish your help,

thanks 

0 Kudos
9 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello 814420552@qq.com,

I believe it was answered here:

How to remove S32K148 DFlash Partitioning 

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

Contributor III

hello,

base on my question above,  do  call API FLASH_DRV_EraseAllBlock  should be in SRAM boot not in flash boot or else boot?

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello 814420552@qq.com,

Yes, the function must be in SRAM, all the Flash blocks are erased by the Erase All Blocks /  Erase All Blocks Unsecure commands.

Or it can be mass-erased externally.

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

Contributor III

hello Daniel

pastedImage_1.png

as above describe, first must remove  keys,  but how can i know are there keys? is there a register for me to check whether enabled CESc and key size ,after this call commands CMD_DBG_CHAL and CMD_DBG_AUTH

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kui,

let me jump into this thread.

I used this procedure during testing of CSE: anytime I had some troubles, I tried to do mass erase. I usually use Lauterbach debugger, so I tried flash.UNSECUREerase command. If whole flash was erased, I could start over. If not, it meant that I need to use CMD_DBG_HAL and CMD_DBG_AUTH commands to reset the partition/CSE. If this doesn't work too, then there's last option - MASTER_ECU_KEY is missing, so it's necessary to load it and then run the command to reset partition. With this approach, I was always able to get back to start point. Notice that you need to know MASTER_ECU_KEY otherwise you won't be able to execute CMD_DBG_AUTH.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Contributor III

hello 

why call FLASH_DRV_EraseAllBlock API can't erase the data in 0x6000?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

Contributor III

<1>so the result is only use  Erase All Blocks command  to remove the partition and erase PFlash and FlexNVM and IFR?

<2>if has no EEPROM partition ,we can use Erase Blocks command  to erase flexNVM no erase PFlash?

is it right for my understanding?

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kui,

Yes, correct.

1. Erase All Blocks, Erase All Blocks Unsecure, External mass-erase.

2. The DFlash block can be erase by the Erase Flash Block if the FlexNVM is configured for DFlash only.

In addition, the CSEc command can be used (as discussed in the thread above) to remove the partitioning, but this would required to have the CSEc keys stored first.

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

Contributor III

hello,

thanks for your answer, if  this example can remove this partition, does function FLASH_DRV_DEFlashPartition  can partition again, is it right?

0 Kudos