cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update AN12323

naderkhamess
Contributor III

Hello NXP,

i am trying to run the firmware update example AN12323 in S32K148. (memory partition, bootloader, gateway) 

The gateway example is running and sending 0x151515 and waiting for acknowledge. 

what i did, 

1. i build and downloaded the memory_partition project, after i configured the linker file.

2. Then i downloaded the bootloader project. 

but the bootloader example is not running, i get stuck at memory_init()

because ret value is equal = FTFx_ERR_ACCERR!

i dont know if its because a mistake in the bootloader project or memory_parition project? or is because something the way to run the projects? or because the memory_parittiion project?

(S32K148 is superset of 146 so it should run)

in the memory_partition project, i get flash_error= 160, what exactly is the expected value? is it correct, or there are some points to consider before configuring FlexNVM and EEPROM?

i tried to configure the linker file and also tried without any configuration, i get the same error. 

could someone help please?

Thanks. Please find the attached screenshots of my errors.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

S32K148 has different memory ranges, so, also, the linker file of the memory_pratition project should be changed. May I see your LinkerFile settings?

Please, refer to the RM rev 12.1 and look at the S32K1xx_Memory_Map.xlsx file which is in the attachment of the RM.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos

naderkhamess
Contributor III

Hello Diana,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about this file, i was referring in memory sizes in application note of firmware update.

Yes sure, i attached screenshots of linker file settings for the memory partition and bootloader.

Best regards,

Nader

memory_parition.PNG

Bootloader.PNG

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I would like to suggest creating an empty project for the S32K148 device and copy the source code from the memory partition project and also read the section "5.1 NVM architecture" from the AN12323

Your linker file is not correct. Abou to m_interrupt, important thing is that the reset vector is expected always at address 0x00000000. .interrupts section includes stack pointer and reset vector handler.

Also, m_flash_confing is related to Flash Configuration Field and the FSEC register is loaded from the Flash Configuration Field out of reset.

Your bootloader linker file seems to be correct, however, in your case, I assume you chose the unified bootloader project instead of porting the AN12323 to S32K148 such as we discussed in your second thread, right?

S32K bootloader over CAN  

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos