about security question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about security question

Contributor III

Hello

My device is S32K146, when call partition command  allocate CSEc keys space,  then I update the security byte to 0xFF, then used S32K Desin stdio download code, the device is in security, now I can't remove the security,  how should i do to remove security??

and how can i check whether have the CSEc key  by register or other method ? for example check the partition information by the following register!

pastedImage_1.png

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kui,

short answer is: replace the MCU, there's no way to recover.

If you didn't implement some backdoor access to application which is already programmed in flash, the security can be removed only by mass erase. But mass erase does not work if CSE is partitioned/enabled. CSE needs to be reset by command CMD_DBG_HAL and CMD_DBG_AUTH. After that, the mass erase can be performed. But because the device is secured, the commands cannot be executed and the device is bricked.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Contributor III

hello, 

Oh  my god !  it ’s  a really sad message,  whether can i post the security device to you or your agent and you can fix these S32K146 device?

my address is Guangdong province , Shenzhen, China!

Can you tell me how to cantact the china agent?

thank you!

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I'm afraid we do not provide such services. One option is to order another EVB board (my understanding is that we are talking about EVB) or you can order new MCU only and re-solder the MCU (or ask some local services capable to do that).

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Thanks for your reply, i bought three EVB board (S32K146), two of them are locked!  I guess you should consider this situaition which device is locked, maybe it is a boordoor which not write in the reference mannual, with a designer's consider,  I think maybe you will do it.

0 Kudos