While debugging there is an issue called "An error has occurred. See error log for more details."

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While debugging there is an issue called "An error has occurred. See error log for more details."

pankajprasad100
Contributor III

hi, iam working on S32K114 working with design studios and IAR compiler. when compiling example hello world program it compiled successfully but when debugging it says "An error has occurred. See error log for more details. Argument not valid"
In debugger option GDB executable also missing(a lot of stuff is empty in the debugger option)

Here are the screenshots of the issue

pankajprasad100_0-1611031086653.pngpankajprasad100_1-1611031099826.png

pankajprasad100_2-1611031108145.png

pankajprasad100_3-1611031120841.png

pankajprasad100_4-1611031133454.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If the problem only exists on your system and not on another system, then it is likely due to some issue with the installation on your system. Have you tried reinstalling?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

How did you setup the hello_world_s32k144 example project for IAR?

I followed the following steps and was able to get it to work well.

1) Create new project from example 'hello_world_s32k144'

2) Create new application project for S32K144, naming it 'hello_world_s32k144_IAR'. Selected 'IAR Toolchain for ARM - (8.x) in the Toolchain selection. Selected "S32K144_SDK" in the SDK option. Click Finish.

3) From project "hello_world_s32k144', right-click on project name and selected 'Export' menu option. Then selected 'Processor Expert -> Export Component Settings'. Then checked box for 'Project files', in addition to boxes already checked.Selected a location within the 'hello_world_s32k144_IAR' project workspace.

4) From project "hello_world_s32k144_IAR', right-click on project name and selected 'Import' menu option. Then selected 'Processor Expert -> Component Settings to Project'. Then selected the file generated in previous step.

5) Performed a compare using comparison tool, merged contents of main.c from 'hello_world_s32k144' into main.c from 'hello_world_s32k144_IAR'. I also removed a for loop near the end of the main() function that would otherwise produce an error for IAR compiler.

6) Build the project 'hello_world_s32k144_IAR' for Debug_RAM and checked that no errors exist.

7) Opened Debug Configuration menu and selected the 'hello_world_s32k144_IAR_Debug_RAM_PNE' configuration, then selected the interface connection to the target board from the Debugger tab. Clicked 'Debug'

The program started and stopped on the first line in main().

Hope it helps,

Mike

0 Kudos

agrippo1
Contributor I

Today I found this exact same problem. I open a project, select Run, then Debug Configurations. The screen comes up and I select my project under GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging. The error message pops up and the original configuration settings are blank. I can't change them back because the Apply button is grayed out, so they won't stick after closing. It makes no difference whether I am connected to any hardware or not.

0 Kudos

pankajprasad100
Contributor III

Dear @agrippo1 

In order to solve the issue, i uninstall the IDE and removed all the files in installation directory.(every thing related to IDE)

Install the older version it should work.

NOTE: Do not update  @PEMicro at any cost

Thanks & Regards

PANKAJ PRASAD

0 Kudos

pankajprasad100
Contributor III

Hi @mikedoidge ,

The problem is not only with the hello world only. If I create any new project then also not able to flash and debug it but not having any issue with compiling the project.

I checked in another system there is no issue for with the compiling and flashing.

0 Kudos