Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get S32K example?

joshjung
Contributor I

Hi guys.

Now I am working in Automotive things.

So, I am using S32K144 EVK Board and S32 Design studio.

I did set up S32 Design studio for S32k EVK board successfully.

But, When I check example project for S32k, there are only few things which are kind of Control I/O(LED), Interrupt, setting clock example.

So, my question is that Where Can I get examples which are kind of I2C,UART,ADC,CAB,LIN and so on for S32K144 EVK board.

Best Regard.

josh

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
9 Replies

padmanabhlanke
Contributor III

Where I can get s32k data sheet or reference manual???

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this device is in preproduction status and it has not been launched yet. The datasheet and reference manual is not available for public. It can be provided only under NDA. Please ask local NXP sales office for more information.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

padmanabhlanke
Contributor III

Hello Lukas,

I'm using S32K144 microcontroller. S32144 doesn't have ETM but it has ITM.

Can I get code coverage report with 10pin JTAG cable?

I'm using iSystem tool (IC5500).

Thanks.

0 Kudos

stuartcording
Contributor I

Hi Padmanabh,

Unfortunately you won't be able to get a full code coverage report with a microcontroller that only features ITM. ITM only allows you to output "printf" type messages via the CoreSight debug interface. This does mean, however, you could instrument your code.
It would help to know what you need tracing capability for. If you want to perform code coverage during unit testing, this could be done with our testIDEA tool together with the iC5500 using the "slow run" capability. This records each executed instruction without the ETM being present but does not run in real-time. Hence it is no good for coverage on any code that has hardware dependencies (e.g. waiting for a PLL to lock or OSC to stabilise as such peripherals often don't operate the same as when they are allowed to run freely.)

If you need to perform timing analysis, ITM will not deliver the data you need unfortunately.

If you need any more information, I recommend you contact iSYSTEM directly (iSYSTEM - SUPPORT). We also have some examples on the website for various Cortex-M devices (iSYSTEM - Examples) and we could provide an ITM example if you need one.

If all your other needs can be covered by an alternative MCU that does have ETM, I would strongly consider it.

All the best with your endeavours, Stuart

Stuart Cording

iSYSTEM AG
Technical Marketing Manager

0 Kudos

Yingming
Contributor II

Hi,Stuart:

can you provide an ITM example? I would to use ITM to output  type messages on console. As follows,I also add <stdio.h>.but it can't work.

can_pal_s32k144.png

0 Kudos

padmanabhlanke
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos

iuliantalpiga
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Josh,

Assuming you are using the S32 Design Studio version 1.2,  please check the following location:

<install_path>\S32DS\S32_SDK_EAR_0.8.1\examples

Most of the projects can be imported in the S32 DS,

Please consult the S32 SDK documentation form <install_path>\S32DS\S32_SDK_EAR_0.8.1\doc for more information about the S32 SDK and the examples.

Regards,

Iulian

josh_jung
Contributor I

Hi, Iulian

Thank you for your reply.

I find the example you said. But, It used EAR API.

I wanted some example which using setting register directly.

So, I write some Source codes( GPIO, ADC, LPUART, LPSPI, LPI2C ) for S32K which not uses EAR API.

When I finish arrange source codes, I will upload S32K example project at this community.

Thanks.

Best Regard.

josh

0 Kudos

prashanthchary
Contributor II

Hi Josh,

where Can I find s32k144 LPI2C Driver Example. I have written own source code of LPI2C but I am facing one issue 

i.e., when I enable the clock source for LPI2C " then transmit request " bit is enabling in Master Status Register. 

Can you please help me to get rid of this problem .

you said that your are going to post your Source code in forum if possible can you plz share those files to me  

Thank you.

0 Kudos