cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k144 VLPS mode entry

EMBEDDED585
Contributor I

Hi,

From several days , I'm trying to put MCU S32K144 into VLPS mode but unable to achieve VLPS. I'm using POWER_SYS_SetMode API to enter into VLPS but still current consumption is very high ~20mA and GPIOs are turning off while entering into the VLPS but it should not be turned off as mentioned in Application note.

In run mode, i'm using PLL clock of 128MHz and Sys Clock is 64MHz as per our system requirement but i haven't done anything for VLPS clock configuration because POWER_SYS_SetMode API is managing the clock.

Apart from that, i was trying to generate same clock configuration as used in example code but it is showing some error while generating the PE file. (FIRC-RUN mode , SIRC-VLPS mode)

Error-unexpected status of script: beans\clock_manager\clock_manager_version_s32_sdk_s32k.chg 

Warning-The maximum allowable change in frequency is restricted to 3X.

Please provide solution for this problem !!

Thanks...

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@EMBEDDED585

1. It looks like your clock configuration is wrong.

Here I set SPLL_CLK = 128M,SPLL_CLK->SYS_CLK for Power RUN Mode (64M)

Senlent_0-1634781247544.png

2.There is a example application demonstrating S32K144 power modes in S32 DS.

The purpose of the application is to show the user how to enter various power modes of the S32K144 SoC using the S32 SDK API.

Name:"power_mode_switch_s32k144"

3.  Did you know S32k Power Estimation Tool. This Power Estimation Tool leverages power consumption data from the device data sheet and additional real measurements or design estimates depending on the availability.

Senlent_1-1634781909058.png

This software may solve your problem and download link below:
https://www.nxp.com/search?keyword=s32k%2520power%2520estimation%2520tool%2520(pet)&start=0&category...

Note: If you encounter the following problems during use, you can refer to the picture to solve.

Regarding the low power consumption of the S32K1xx series, the above should help you complete your development needs.

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Senlent_0-1634782381157.png

0 Kudos