cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k open sda secure flash issue

hajianik
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

So I must inadvertently secured flash. Target board is S32K144EVAL. IDE used, uvision, s32k design studio.

I've locked 2 EVALS boards up.I've crated simple projects in both design studio and uvision  and downloaded to flash successfully until I tried this particular project created in uvision and boards started to luck up.So I'm board less and colleagues and the boss starting to ask questions .

Daniel Martynek has a project which supposed to unlock this.I trried the dubug_configuration RAM , thinking it is downloading to RAM using OPEN SDA ,but I kept getting the same "Flash is secured" thing, which is strange .

Is the RAM debug configuration runs out of the RAM?

Anyway if anyone has a solution to this your help is greatly appreciated.

the culprit(uvision) and Danel Martynek 's project are both attached.

Thanks,

Koorosh Hajiani

Original Attachment has been moved to: S32K144_backdoor_key_access_S32DS1.3.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: a123sys_gen3_M4.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

If the MCU is secured you must have changed flash configuration field in the start-up code somehow. Mass erase should unlock the MCU unless you changed Mass Erase Enable Bits also in the flash configuration field. But if you use default start-up code, the MCU shouldn’t be secured.

I have look at you project and I think your linker file and start up code is not for S32K144. You use “SysTick_Handler” but in your vector table in start-up code is “exception_trap”, for instance.  

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

hajianik
Senior Contributor I

Thanks for the response.

Yes I know that project is messed up however the question is: now that I'm in this predicaments how to get out of it.

I probably have disabled the ERASE CONFIGURATION BIT inadvertently(not in my code) by calling some library code somewhere some how. I looked at the .MAP file and in fact some library writes to that address. I'd like to know how to get out of it. The debuggers that I tried ,tried to mass erase but they can't. So in my opinion the whole code needs to be downloaded to RAM and run from RAM. I DON'T KNOW WHY ALL THESE RAM DEBUG CONFIGURATION that I created in design studio are downloaded to?

I really don't know.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I genuinely don’t know how to solve this issue. If the MCU is really secured and you cannot use mass erase, I think, there is nothing you can do with it.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos