S32K344 difference between SAF evaluation version and production version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 difference between SAF evaluation version and production version

lluo
Contributor III

Hi, I am currently working with SAF evaluation version which comes with the Feature Limited Evaluation License. May I know what are the additional features offered in SAF production version with Family Multi Project Production License, Production License and DISM Pack License? Thank you in advance.

Additionally, after installing the SAF in S32 Design Studio 3.5, S32 Design Studio becomes really slow. It takes  several minutes up to half an hour to open or edit the SAF module configuration page in S32 DS. Is this an issue with SAF evaluation version? Is there a way to speed this up? Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

SAF_EVAL has reduced functionality of the remaining “higher” modules (sCheck, sBoot, ModeSelector, SW Recovery)

Pay attention to following trainings slides, 7/8

https://www.nxp.com/design/training/s32-safety-software-technical-overview-saf-spd-scst-sbsw:TIP-S32...

0 Kudos

lluo
Contributor III

Hi @davidtosenovjan ,

Another question, I noticed that there was a message as shown below:

lluo_0-1710410495622.png

May I know how long we can use the evaluation SAF for evaluation purpose? Can we still use the SAF EVAL for evaluation purpose after the evaluation period expires? 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

lluo
Contributor III

Hi @davidtosenovjan ,

Thank you for your reply. The training video in the given link is not available, but I can download the training slides, which is quite helpful. In the training slides, the difference between SAF EVAL and SAF Premium is given in the table:

lluo_0-1710379546653.png

I have some questions about the figures listed in the SAF_EVAL column. What does "(116/9 - 8%)" mean? 

Does it mean 8% of the features are implemented? And what does "116/9" refer to? Do you probably know? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am not sure, documented does not mentioned it (at least I haven't found it)

SAF expert is currently out of office. I send email to him, if he answers, I share it with you.

0 Kudos

lluo
Contributor III

Hi @davidtosenovjan ,

Noted. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos