Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146 watchdog timeout

Jump to solution
yqs77
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to enable a watchdog with 10 minutes timeout on S32K146, and I have noticed that when CS[PRES] is set, the clock source is prescaled by 256 before clocking the watchdog counter which allows for longer timeout periods. But I am still wondering whether the watchdog timeout can be set to 10 minutes. If cannot, what is the maximum timeout? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

WDOG has a programmable16-bit timeout counter. And the clock can be selected by WDOG_CS[CLK] and SIM_LPOCLKS[LPOCLKSEL]. If fixed 256 clock prescaler is enabled, then it's able to achieve 10 minutes timeout.

Table 27-9. Peripheral module clocking WDOG.png

SIM_LPOCLKS[LPOCLKSEL].png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

WDOG has a programmable16-bit timeout counter. And the clock can be selected by WDOG_CS[CLK] and SIM_LPOCLKS[LPOCLKSEL]. If fixed 256 clock prescaler is enabled, then it's able to achieve 10 minutes timeout.

Table 27-9. Peripheral module clocking WDOG.png

SIM_LPOCLKS[LPOCLKSEL].png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
yqs77
Contributor I

Thank you very much for the reply, that helps a lot!

0 Kudos