cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 Standby mode

rey
Contributor II

Hi,@danielmartynek.

I'm testing S32K3 standby mode and have some problem. I configure "Soc standby mode" in  "Power_Ip" module and entry standy mode successfully. Current consumption decreases significantly.

I also configure a WKPU pin. MCU can be waked up,but it only last few seconds.Then MCU sleep again.

I try to configure "Standby mode" in "Power_Ip" mode,MCU can be waked up and run normally,but current consumption decreases just a little. I doubt MCU does not entry stanby mode.

Could you give me some help? btw , I'm using RTD 1.0.0.

BR!                 

Rey

0 Kudos
7 Replies

rey
Contributor II

Hi, Daniel

It's so kind of your to do me a favor. 

As far as I can see,comparing with "Soc standby mode", "Standby mode" have a different configuration about main core ID in RTD1.0.0.

I  try to replace the main core ID configuration of "Standby mode"  with "Soc standby mode" 's. It seems that "Standby mode" and “Prepare Soc standby mode ->Soc standby mode” have the same effect.

However,I can't solve the problem of waking up yet. Mcu can not wake up from standby mode successfully.

Here is my test code for S32K3X4EVB-Q257.Please test it.

Thanks.

BR!  

rey

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rey,

I'm out of office this week.

My colleagues will look into it.

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

rey
Contributor II

Hi @danielmartynek 

Thanks for your reply!

I think I have found the reason which cause MCU sleep again.It seems that  MCU will reset after been waked up from "Soc standby mode". However,MCU will continue to run rather than reset if was waked up from "Standby mode". 

In my previous reply, I said the only difference between "Soc standby mode" config and " Standby mode" config is Main Core ID. In " Soc standby mode", core

enters low power mode indeed.

Could you or your colleagues please tell me the actual situation?

BR!

Rey

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rey,

Sorry for the delay.

It depends on whether the MCU enters the standby mode on the system level or just the core is in the standby mode (WFI).

If the system is in Standby, the MCU wakes up via system reset.

Could you have a look at the generated structs and step through the Power_Ip_SetMode() function in Power_Ip.c ?

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rey,

I'm sorry for the delay.

I just sent some examples to you, please try with that.

Aslo, you can refer to this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/S32K3-Standby-mode/m-p/1459573

If it does not help, can you post the project here so that I can test it?

Thank you,

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

fxn
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

I am testing s32K344 with entrying standby mode and wkup as well. Could you send the sample code to my email account?  Beisdes, please let me know if s32k344 can wake up by "CAN"? Thanks!

I use RTD2.0.0

email : jeff09051006@hotmail.com

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @fxn,

I just sent the examples to you.

Regarding CAN, please create a new thread.

Thank you,

Daniel

0 Kudos