cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 Reset Issue

AbhishekK
Contributor II

Hello ,
 I will explain you the scenario from starting ,so it will be easy to under stand my problem.

I am trying to run S32k144_Hello_clock  example project using S32DS ,but I am facing error like below ,

The red LED is continuously ON and the two green LEDs are also ON.  I'm able to detect the board on my computer .I don't see any output -blinking the LED

so for resolve this issue I followed this Post :

Re: NXP S32K144 EVB Reset LED continuously ON - NXP Community

In this post same issue mentioned so I tried first Solution provided by Nxp NXP TechSupport Robin_Sen . but It wont work .

As I have seen another post to resolve this issue :

Solved: NXP S32K144 Red LED Continuously ON - NXP Community

so in this post their is suggestion given is as below :

****USE the RappID bootloader way of flashing the board. ****

so I want to  try this method but I am not able to understand this method . this is the issue .have you  understand my issue ?

For this RAppId Bootloader  posted one post :RAppID Bootloader rbf file for S32K144W - NXP Community 

I have seen their are 2 files attached in it ,

S32K144W_S32DS_UART1_CAN0.zip

in this pdf you have mentioned release content . Where I can find this release content ? I want to see that images for Hardware Connection and all.  

Thanks  
Abhishek

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AbhishekK
Contributor II

Hello Robin 
I have downloaded it .and I have fallowed process in it. but still not able to do it .I will share process I have followed .so it will be easy to get resolve this issue.  

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check the value of MDM_AP status and control register by refer to https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/Unbricking-S32K146/m-p/937227

Do you have CSEc enabled? Or have you ever run the CSEc example in AN5413SW or S32K1 SDK or RTD?

If so, please refer to the 3.2.5.2 Mass erase and CSEc considerations of AN12130 Production Flash Programming Best Practices for S32K1xx MCUs.

If not, then I'm afraid you'll have to replace a new S32K144 chip by soldering or buy a new S32K144EVB.

0 Kudos

AbhishekK
Contributor II

Hello Robin,
Can you please help me with process mentioned in below post ?
Solved: NXP S32K144 Red LED Continuously ON - NXP Community

I am trying this process but not able to understand. Where is it going wrong?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for the delay.
Did you download the RAppID Boot Loader Utility? After install it, the RAppidBL_UserManual.pdf can be found it's folder.

0 Kudos

AbhishekK
Contributor II

I have tried but it is not helpful .means problem is not resolved 

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Abhishek,

Do you mean the two Green LED D2(SDA_LED_R) and D3(PWR_LED) are light? Then I think the OpenSDA and VDD of S32K144 are OK.

Please Enter OpenSDA Bootloader Mode and then click SDA_INFO.HTML check the Application Version. If Application Version is: 1.19 (ok). Here is the information of my board: id="BOOTVER" value="1.13" id="APPVER" value="1.19".   

Then you can try to drop srec file to EVB-S32K144. I have attached hello_world_s32k144.srec for you to test. The RGB leds should be able to blink.

The Jumper setting of S32K144EVB: J107 2-3 J104 1-2. Connect the USB cable to a PC using a USB cable and connect other end of USB cable (microUSB) to mini-B port on to J7 on your S32K144EVB.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos