S32K144 Eval Board OpenSDA issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 Eval Board OpenSDA issue

ginonxp
Contributor I

How to get latest version of BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro?

With version BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111, I am getting application error. 8 times LED blinking.

Can I get the latest version of BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v113 ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ginonxp
Contributor I

Hello Robin,

I have contacted PE Micro support. They also given multiple troubleshooting option and finally gave-up.

According to them latest version v113 is not available for public.

Anyway I am planning to return/replace the eval board to NXP.

After going through the NXP blog, I have noticed that the issue related to Open SDA was very frequent.

But still there is no stable solution...

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you tried to program S32K144 in S32DS? 
Please refer to discussion: S32K144 D2 RED LED is ON always

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

OpenSDA Firmware (MSD & Debug) Firmware Apps (.zip file) can be download from https://www.pemicro.com/opensda/

But I can only find the older version ...\Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2020_05_12\OpenSDA_Bootloader_Update_App_v111_2013_12_11\BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA

For the latest BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pmicro_v113, I suggest you consult https://www.pemicro.com/support/index.cfm

Does your computer recognize the board as BOOTLOADER or S32K144EVB drive? Have you try to drop MSD-DEBUG-EVB-S32K144_Pemicro_v119.SDA to BOOTLOADER?

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ginonxp
Contributor I

Thanks Robin.

I can go to bootloader mode(BOOTLOADR) with jumper settings.

Under boot mode, I have tried to update the open SDA(BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA).

After power RESET, updated with MSD-DEBUG-EVB-S32K144_Pemicro_v119.SDA to BOOTLOADER.

But when I am trying to load the application file drag and drop under S32K144EVB drive , the green LED indicator is showing application error( 8 times blink, 2 sec wait)...

I have a new s32k144 eval board RevC. It was working first day, somehow the communication error with S32DS started. 

Doubting the bootloader compatibility issue...

0 Kudos