S32K Interrupt Function

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K Interrupt Function

wanglijun
Contributor II
Hello, I have a question about the interrupt function process: If I don't need interrupt nesting, is there need add disable interrupt at the first of interrupt function, then add enable interrupt at the end of interrupt function? Thank you!
0 Kudos
7 Replies

KalaimaniArumugam
Contributor III

Hi @wanglijun 

If you want to interrupt nesting operation from a particular interrupt means you can disable interrupt and again enable it. In case disable all interrupt nesting means disable the CPU interrupt after completing the operation enable the CPU interrupt it will give complete interrupt nesting on the particular operation.

0 Kudos

wanglijun
Contributor II
Hello, I see in the S32DK interrupt functions, not including the interrupt disable and enable operation. It support interrupt or not? Thank you!
0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wanglijun,

Please check the ENABLE_INTERRUPTS() and DISABLE_INTERRUPTS() functions.

ENABLE_INTERRUPTS DISABLE_INTERRUPTS.png

Or maybe you can set all interrupts to the same priority.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wanglijun
Contributor II
Hello Robbin, In the S32DS provided interrupt function, there is no interrupt disable and enable process. So it means enable interrupt nesting or disable interrupt nesting? Thank you!
0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no register for enabling or disabling interrupt nesting. In addition, enabling and disabling interrupts is a register of the ARM Cortex core. I suggest you read this article: Cutting Through the Confusion with Arm Cortex-M Interrupt Priorities

Disabling Interrupts with PRIMASK and BASEPRI Registers.png

0 Kudos

wanglijun
Contributor II
Hello Robbin, I still can't understand. Does it mean if the interrupt priority is different, there is interrupt nesting? Best Regards, Wang Lijun
0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wanglijun,

The default interrupt priority are set to 0, so there should no interrupt nesting happen unless you reconfigure the interrupt priority by using INT_SYS_SetPriority() function.

Best Regards,
Robin

0 Kudos