Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K Encrypted FlexCAN example

Jump to solution
bix010
Contributor III

Hi,

I just got the #s32k144evb-q100 board, and I'm testing the encrypted flexcan example found in the S32 ARM installation folder.

I followed the instructions in the attached file.

When I step through and debug, I can see the TX function being called when I press the pushbutton

But on the RX board, I'm not receiving any messages and the LED is not toggling.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Do I need some special cables to connect the CAN ports? Currently I'm only using 3 wires to connect the CAN_H, CAN_L and Ground. Based on the schematics, think pin3 is not used.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Do you supply the boards with 12V? The SBCs need 12V.

Could you measure the bus with a scope? If there is no signal, please measure TX signal between the MCU and the SBC.

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alexandrunan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you configure 1 bord as Master and the other as Slave ? Both Boards need to have external power supply for SBC to work, if you had run previously the SBC example you need to reset the SBC to default state, find instructions in doxy for flexcan example. 

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Do you supply the boards with 12V? The SBCs need 12V.

Could you measure the bus with a scope? If there is no signal, please measure TX signal between the MCU and the SBC.

Regards,

Daniel

bix010
Contributor III

Yes, it was a power supply issue. Thanks for the pointer!

0 Kudos