cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Relocating Vector Table

ummerkunnummalk
Contributor III

Hello,

While trying to create an application from a starting address 0x48500 and vector table adress 0x48100 I am getting resets possibly due to core lockup. But when I change the vector table location to 0x48000, the application starts working fine.

Can someone explain why there should be a reset when the vector table is located t 0x48100. Also please point me to any documentation available w.r.t this.

Note: There is a small starter application located at 0x0 which jumps to app location 0x48500. Also the VTOR is updated by the startup of the main application in both the above cases.

Thanks

Ummer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

What exactly is located at 0x48500, 0x48000?

And how do you jump to the locations?

Please refer to AN12218, S32K1xx Bootloader.
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12218.pdf

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12218SW.zip

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

ummerkunnummalk
Contributor III

danielmartynek‌ The location 0x48500 contains a startup code. And the address 0x48000 contains nothing in the issue case.

There is a small starter application located at 0x0 which jumps to app location 0x48500. The code snippet is below:

static void Jump_to_App(unsigned int startupAddr)
{
    __asm("blx r0"); //jump to this address
}

0 Kudos

ummerkunnummalk
Contributor III

Any help here?

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ummer,

Unfortunately, you gave us little information to analyze your issue.

Could you please share your code and provide more information such as the type of the MCU, linker file of the application or where did you change the vector table location of the application?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Diana

0 Kudos