Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTRDEVKSPNK144-Debug error, please help

Jump to solution
fuyanchao
Contributor II

Hi there,

I bought a S32K144 development kit  MTRDEVKSPNK144, and I tried to operate the kit to rotate the PMSM motor, I followed every instruction in the document Quick Start Guide MTRDEVKSPNK144 S32K144 Development Kit for 3-phase PMSM , but in the step 9 (Debug the code), I encounter a problem, as the pic below

1.jpg

When I click Proceed, then S32 said, Program file does not exist, as the pic below

2.jpg

I tried to search the file ‘MTRDEVKSPNK144_DualShunt.elf’ on my disc, but there is none.

3.jpg

Could anyone help me to solve this problem? 

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you, please, check where this file 'freemaster_appcmd.c' is located in your file system?

This file is expected on this file path. I assume that you have it at a different place.

C:/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1/S32DS/FreeMASTER_Serial_Communication_Driver_V2_0/src_common/freemaster_appcmd.c

Best regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Your .elf is not generated because you have an error in your project. I assume that your errors will be related to the AMMCLIB path. This path should be changed, this is described in community thread below:

https://community.nxp.com/message/1267056?commentID=1267056#comment-1267056 

I believe it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
fuyanchao
Contributor II

Dear Diana,

Thanks for your reply!

I followed the instructions you told me, as the pics below

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

But it still doesn't work.

Every time I tried to debug the example project, S32 always stuck at 'Launching : Build before launch - invoking Command: make -j8',

1.jpg

And after several minutes, it failed,

2.jpg

3.jpg

At last, the same error happened, do you know why?

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please, delete the older one paths and clean the project (right-click on the project -> Clean project)

Also, please, just build your project (right-click on the project -> Build project) and show me the errors located in the "Problems" tab. 

pastedImage_4.png

Thank you.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
fuyanchao
Contributor II

Dear Diana,

It's really nice to hear from you, I am torturing by this error, really drive me crazy!

Please see the picture below, as your instruction.

The error is 'Description Resource Path Location Type make: *** No rule to make target C:/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1/S32DS/FreeMASTER_Serial_Communication_Driver_V2_0/src_common/freemaster_appcmd.c', needed by 'FreeMaster_S32xx/src_common/freemaster_appcmd.o'. Stop. MTRDEVKSPNK144_DualShunt C/C++ Problem'

1.jpg

I know it is quiet late in your time zone, and I really thank you very much.

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you, please, check where this file 'freemaster_appcmd.c' is located in your file system?

This file is expected on this file path. I assume that you have it at a different place.

C:/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1/S32DS/FreeMASTER_Serial_Communication_Driver_V2_0/src_common/freemaster_appcmd.c

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
fuyanchao
Contributor II

Hello, Diana,

Thanks for your reply!

I added the missing file, but while I was trying to debug the code, another error occurred, S32 said 'Could not determine GDB version after sending: D:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\eclipse\../Cross_Tools/gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb --version, response: '

2.jpg

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thanks you in advance!

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Instead of trying to add the missing file at that location. I assume you just need to change the file path in the properties of the project.

So, please, select the correct paths to these files:

pastedImage_1.png

Note:

Next time when you select the default location during the installation of S32Design Studio you will avoid these issues.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos