cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPI2C RX FIFO PROBLEM

raviranjankumar
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on S32K144 LPI2C driver. While reading from slave(EEPROM), at a time I am able to read only 4 Bytes. If I am trying to read more than four bytes then garbage characters are coming except those four byte. After reading first four bytes, for next four bytes FEF bit is setting. I am trying to clear FEF by writing 1 but it is not clearing. 

How to transmit and receive data without using FIFO. if possible help with example code. I tried with S32K example code it is also with FIFO and I am facing same issue here also.

Please help.... 

Thanks and Regard,

Ravi Ranjan Kumar.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I tested the LPI2C_master example and tested it with EEPROM (PCA24C08). Seems it is working normally.

Within an component inspector I changed Slave address to 0x54

pastedImage_1.png

then modified demo code to write 8 bytes to memory and read it back

/* Initialize LPI2C Master configuration
     *  - Slave address 0x01
     *  - Fast operating mode, 400 KHz SCL frequency
     *  -   See LPI2C components for configuration details
     */
    LPI2C_DRV_MasterInit(INST_LPI2C1, &lpi2c1_MasterConfig0, &lpi2c1MasterState);

txBuffer[0] = 0x0;  // first byte define the memory/register address
    /* Initialize the data buffer */
    for (i = 1u; i < TRANSFER_SIZE+1; i++)
    {
        txBuffer[i] = i;
    }

/* Send a packet of data to the bus slave */
    LPI2C_DRV_MasterSendDataBlocking(INST_LPI2C1, txBuffer, TRANSFER_SIZE+1, true, OSIF_WAIT_FOREVER);

/* Request data from the bus slave */
    /* Just register address will be sent after Slave address so total 2 bytes, STOP is not generated */
    /* During the E/W cycle the slave receiver does not acknowledge if addressed */
    while (STATUS_I2C_RECEIVED_NACK == LPI2C_DRV_MasterSendDataBlocking(INST_LPI2C1, txBuffer, 1, false, OSIF_WAIT_FOREVER));
    /* Repeate Start is issued following Slave address and waiting reading for 8 bytes */
    LPI2C_DRV_MasterReceiveDataBlocking(INST_LPI2C1, rxBuffer, TRANSFER_SIZE, true, OSIF_WAIT_FOREVER);

/* End of the driver example */

I was able to write and read data back, see below bus signals...

writing...

pastedImage_2.png

reading...

pastedImage_3.png

BR, Petr

raviranjankumar
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

Thanks for reply. It was really very helpful for me. I took  txBuffer[0] as a data bit. Thank you so much.

Thanks and Regard,

Ravi Ranjan Kumar.

0 Kudos