Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN Stack check corrupted message

Jump to solution
joseponc
Contributor III

Hi. 

I have the following question:

I'm working on an implementation of S32DS' Lin Stack, and, as a requirement, I need to check if my message has been somehow corrupted while being sent. Analogously, I also need to check if the LIN frame I have just received has been corrupted or if it has been correctly received.

How can I know if the LIN frames being received/sent have been corrupted?

If it helps, my LIN Description File uses protocol J2602.

Thanks and regards

Jose

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this the answer from SDK LINStack expert...

Currently, the LinStack doesn’t support this feature and from what I know, the Lin specification also doesn’t mention it.

With the current SDK LinStack the lindriver will call function CallbackHandler of the file  “D:\SDK\code_base\SDK_codebase\middleware\lin\lowlevel\lin.c” to inform LinStack if:

-  PID receive ok or error

-  Frame send/receive success

-  Error(eg : framing error, checksum error,…….)

And the current Stack doesn’t have the method to share with the application these above information.

The LinStack just have two method(Which mention in the Lin Specification) to monitor the error in Lin bus and the LinStack of SDK have already support it.

-  Status byte : the slave will report error for master note by ERR[2:0] – Error Field of status byte (first byte in all frame send from slave to master). Please see chapter 5.8.6 Status byte of Lin J2602 specification for more information.

-  l_ifc_read_status(Please see Lin2.0 or Lin 2.2A specification).

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this the answer from SDK LINStack expert...

Currently, the LinStack doesn’t support this feature and from what I know, the Lin specification also doesn’t mention it.

With the current SDK LinStack the lindriver will call function CallbackHandler of the file  “D:\SDK\code_base\SDK_codebase\middleware\lin\lowlevel\lin.c” to inform LinStack if:

-  PID receive ok or error

-  Frame send/receive success

-  Error(eg : framing error, checksum error,…….)

And the current Stack doesn’t have the method to share with the application these above information.

The LinStack just have two method(Which mention in the Lin Specification) to monitor the error in Lin bus and the LinStack of SDK have already support it.

-  Status byte : the slave will report error for master note by ERR[2:0] – Error Field of status byte (first byte in all frame send from slave to master). Please see chapter 5.8.6 Status byte of Lin J2602 specification for more information.

-  l_ifc_read_status(Please see Lin2.0 or Lin 2.2A specification).

BR, Petr