Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM module question

Jump to solution
asd046012
Contributor III

Hello  

I see sample ERM and EIM,I am not very clear about the relationship between these two modules.

Is this EIM module used to detect that the ERM module is in effect? I mean  when I use ERM module, I need to use EIM module to detect ERM module is running. so the EIM module just use to detect the ERM module if running? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@asd046012

please taka a look at the S32K-RM for more infos.

Chapter 21 : Error Injection Module(EIM)

The EIM(Error Injection module) is mainly usef for diagonstic purposes.It provides a method for diagnostic coverage of the peripheral memories.

Chapter 22:Error Reporting Module(ERM)

The Error Reporting Module (ERM) provides information and optional interrupt
notification on memory error events associated with Error Correction Code (ECC).

简单点说就是,一般情况下ECC不会出错,这时你不好验证你处理ECC的流程是否真确,这个时候你可以用EIM去注入一个ECC错误,然后验证你处理ECC错误的流程是否正确。如果验证完你ECC错误处理的流程没啥问题,在量产产品中,你完全可以去掉EIM模块。

关于ECC错误流程发生后的处理,你可以参考:AN12522 S32K1xx ECC Error Handling 

BR!

Jim,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@asd046012

please taka a look at the S32K-RM for more infos.

Chapter 21 : Error Injection Module(EIM)

The EIM(Error Injection module) is mainly usef for diagonstic purposes.It provides a method for diagnostic coverage of the peripheral memories.

Chapter 22:Error Reporting Module(ERM)

The Error Reporting Module (ERM) provides information and optional interrupt
notification on memory error events associated with Error Correction Code (ECC).

简单点说就是,一般情况下ECC不会出错,这时你不好验证你处理ECC的流程是否真确,这个时候你可以用EIM去注入一个ECC错误,然后验证你处理ECC错误的流程是否正确。如果验证完你ECC错误处理的流程没啥问题,在量产产品中,你完全可以去掉EIM模块。

关于ECC错误流程发生后的处理,你可以参考:AN12522 S32K1xx ECC Error Handling 

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos