您的意思是: 
已解决

S32G3 Linux BSP 38.0 linuxptp package issue

跳至解决方案
188 次查看
Sungbhin-Oh
Contributor II

Hi, community.

I am using an S32G-VNP-RDB3 board, building Linux BSP 38.0 to develop PFE and PTP.

According to the user manual, linuxptp tools (ethtool, ptp4l, etc) are installed by default. However, when I run ethtool or ptp4l command on my Linux BSP, it outputs command not found.

I built BSP using YOCTO as follwed the user manual, is there something extra I need to do for linuxptp?

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
179 次查看
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

PTP is indeed available by default, but only under the auto image, as told under the BSP38.0 User Manual:

"The linuxptp tools are installed by default in fsl-image-auto".

Did you build the fsl-image-auto image? As for recommendations, we can recommend using the prebuilt images provided by NXP (in a *tgz file) since all features available under the auto image should be ready to be used.

Please, let us know.

在原帖中查看解决方案

4 回复数
180 次查看
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

PTP is indeed available by default, but only under the auto image, as told under the BSP38.0 User Manual:

"The linuxptp tools are installed by default in fsl-image-auto".

Did you build the fsl-image-auto image? As for recommendations, we can recommend using the prebuilt images provided by NXP (in a *tgz file) since all features available under the auto image should be ready to be used.

Please, let us know.

158 次查看
Sungbhin-Oh
Contributor II

Thank you for your answer.

I re-build with 'fsl-image-auto' instead of 'base' and the PTP feature is enabled.

Thanks.

Oh, and one more thing, can you tell me how to set up the prebuilt tgz file on the SD card, and is the SJA1110 switch firmware included in this prebuilt tgz file?

0 项奖励
回复
146 次查看
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the *.tgz files, you need to decompress them and you will find several folders which relate to the different NXP reference boards. Once you find the NXP reference board you have (or your board is based on) and you will find an *.sdcard file which is the file you need to use:

DanielAguirre_0-1719585449160.png

As for the SJA1110, we understand that it is not. The FW for SJA1110 is available under the GoldVIP package. Under the NXP reference boards, the SJA1110 is preloaded with a binary, which does not require any additional loading unless the configuration on the SJA1110 needs to be changed.

Please, let us know.

97 次查看
Sungbhin-Oh
Contributor II

thank you, that was very helpful.

0 项奖励
回复