cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource manager

Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello,

I am interested to know more about the module available in gold vip bootloader called RM resource manager both in the Gold VIP eb package and Design studio package,

I am using rdb3 board with GoldVIP  package 

There is very less information available regarding the resource manager 

But I felt it's intresting and there may be many use cases ,

Could anyone tell me What are the different use case and  the documents available regarding this 

There is no more information available about semaphore use case . 

Could any provide here details to understand the better use case of this module .

Regards 

Karthik 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

alejandro_e
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Karthik_7,

I'm assuming you are using an S32G2 chip, but the information should apply to an S32G3 just fine. In the GoldVIP Developer Guide [page 8, GoldVIP-Developer-Guide.pdf, Rev. 1.12.0 — 18 June 2024] the following is described:

alejandro_e_0-1729202513160.png

And if you go to your RTD installation you should be able to find the related documents, in my case it is C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32XX_4_0_0\RTD\Rm_TS_T40D11M40I2R0\doc, here I see the RTD_RM_IM.pdf (Integration manual) and RTD_RM_UM.pdf (user manual), in both of those documents and in section 4 System Partitioning of the Gold VIP Developer guide you can find all information about the Resource manager plugin.

You can find examples on how it is used in the examples folder, in my case it is C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32XX_4_0_0\RTD\Rm_TS_T40D11M40I2R0\examples.

Let me know if this information is useful.

0 Kudos