Isolation CAN Routing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolation CAN Routing

Shajan
Contributor I

Using S32G Performing Can2Can Routing not able to Messages without Isolation Power Supply Can I get Normal Startup sequence to follow for this Use case.

Usecase: Can Routing CAN1 to CAN 4 without Isolated Power Supply 

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Shajan
Contributor I

Hi team kindly find the attachments which describes the problem statement. 

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Still, we continue with our question, which power supply and where are you connecting it? We previously assumed the transceiver, since it is an isolated variant.

Again, since this may be related to the TJA1052i, help us opening a ticket under the NXP online services, for the related team to take a look into this request. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you help us elaborate more on your usecase? We may not be understanding the situation over isolating a power supply regarding CAN communication. Which power supply are you trying to isolate?

If you could provide more information we could provide a better response. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Shajan
Contributor I

Hi 

Using NXP S32G controller we have requirements to perform Can2Can/Can2CanFD routing using LLCE component. We configured the same to perform routing between BCAN1 to BCAN4 we can able see messages are routed with Isolated power supply for startup sequence. Without isolated power supply if I try to route the message no routing is happening between BCAN1 to BCAN4! I want what’s the start up sequence or how we can achieve routing of messages between Can2can or Can2canfd without using Isolated power supply. We set transceiver STB as active low! Kindly share any startup sequence for the same use case.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Which power supply is being isolated? Are you using any NXP development board?

We are still not understanding the overall scheme of your setup, we do apologize.

Do you have any diagram that can provide more information on this regard? We can route no problem from our side, but we are using NXP RDB2 platform. 

Which RTD/LLCE/S32DS version are you using? Is this under debug conditions?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Shajan
Contributor I

Kindly find the below attached consider this as requirement! We adopted Can transceiver as NXP TJA1052I where STB pin always keeps Active low! For this we connect Isolated power supply! In this case we are able to see routing of messages between The respective can channels as shown in the diagram. But I need a solution without isolated power supply how can we achieve this requirement. 

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For your last feedback, you are having problem with the TJA1052i transceiver, is this correct?

Since we are not seeing any restrictions over isolated supplies under the S32G family, or so we understand.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Shajan
Contributor I

Maybe I am not sure! Using Can transceiver along with LLCE can you give startup sequence with wake-up detection on new RX message 

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Since this may be related to the TJA1052i, help us opening a ticket under the NXP online services, for the related team to take a look into this request. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Shajan
Contributor I

Hi can I get State machine diagram of Can LLCE driver 

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

Since the request is related to a different topic, we always recommend opening a new thread under the community.

Still, we see that the state machine for CAN LLCE should be provided under the LLCE-FW installation path:

"C:\nxp\S32G_LLCE_1_0_x\firmware\llce_interface\doc\LLCE_firmware_user_guide.pdf"

Where it can vary depending on which version you have installed. Under v1.0.4, should be the following page [Page 9].

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos