Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add s32g_pfe_class.fw and g32g_pfw_uilt.fw in /lib/firmware

Jump to solution
Inchul
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using S32G-PROCEVB-S and S32GRV-PLATEVB in stacked mode. I made the SDCARD image by using Yocto. But I could not found s32g_pfe_class.fw and s32g_pfe_util.fw in the /lib/firmware folder on target board system. I cannot active pfe1 and pfe2 network interface now. How can I include s32g_pfe_class.fw and s32g_pfe_util.fw into SDCARD imgae?

When I used the pre-built BSP 29.0 SDCARD image, I could see s32g_pfe_class.fw and s32g_pfe_util.fw in the /lib/firmware and boot partition.

And I could not found modules as the following.

./lib/modules/5.4.69-rt39+ge2e9a4afb7c5/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/nxp/pfe/pfeng-2.0.ko
./lib/modules/5.4.69-rt39+ge2e9a4afb7c5/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/nxp/pfe/pfeng-1.1.ko

For your reference, I used repository as the following.

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/autobsps32/auto_yocto_bsp -b hotfix/bsp29.0.hf1

Thank you and best regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Study this document for the steps to build PFE support modules for Linux kernel.

The same repository offers the driver source:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/autobsps32/extra/pfeng

Visit NXP Standard Software directory on Flexera for the firmware binaries.
Yocto does not automatically download HSE FW binary files. You have to agree to the
license and download them by hand to a local directory, then instruct bitbake where to
find them. Details are given in the document mentioned above.

Hope this helps,
Platon

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Alexzeit
Contributor II

Hi, it looks like codeaurora is down. Where this particular document PFE_S32G_A53_LNX_UserManual.pdf can be dowloaded?

I'm using rdb3 board and built an ubuntu image with yocto. If I understood it right, the pfe firmware is missing in this image:

Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
=> ping 192.168.88.101
Failed to get speed of XPCS for emac1_xpcsPFEng firmware file 'mmc@0:1:s32g_pfe_class.fw' loading failed: -2

I've downloaded the latest firmware S32G PFE Firmware Standard Version 1.8.0

But have not found any hints how to update/use this firmware on rdb3 board in provided PFE_Firmware_S32G_UserManual.pdf

0 Kudos
Alexzeit
Contributor II

I've found the required info in the bsp docu

0 Kudos
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Study this document for the steps to build PFE support modules for Linux kernel.

The same repository offers the driver source:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/autobsps32/extra/pfeng

Visit NXP Standard Software directory on Flexera for the firmware binaries.
Yocto does not automatically download HSE FW binary files. You have to agree to the
license and download them by hand to a local directory, then instruct bitbake where to
find them. Details are given in the document mentioned above.

Hope this helps,
Platon

jithin2
Contributor I

hi bpe,

I am also in a same situation where I am using nxp GLDBOX and trying to enable PFE .The document(PFE User manual) has info about the same but the link you specified for downloading PFE binaries seems to have nothing (https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=SW32G2-STDSW-D).I think I have opened the link normally and you mentioned about Flexera. so it means I should open only through Flexera right? Is there any normal link to download the pfe firmware/binaries?

also, can you please elaborate on the driver source. Can we build it ourselves instead of downloading a pre built binaries?

apologies for asking very basic queries

Thanks  

0 Kudos
BigBen
Contributor I

hi jithin2,

May you try the link here, or use the Automotive SW package manager.

0 Kudos
jithin2
Contributor I

Hi BigBen,

Thank you so much.it helped

0 Kudos
Inchul
Contributor II

Hi, pbe,

I have checked pfe1 and pfe2 network interface. And I used pfe firmware version 0.9.4.

Thank you for your support.

Inchul Lee.

0 Kudos