Boot Linux on Cortex-A53 and FreeRTOS on Cortex-M7 simultaneously on S32G274A rev2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot Linux on Cortex-A53 and FreeRTOS on Cortex-M7 simultaneously on S32G274A rev2

Jump to solution
curiousmindflow
Contributor II

Hello,

For a robotic project i need to run a Linux on the cortex A53 and a FreeRTOS on the cortex M7, both simultaneously.

Can someone point me to the good direction please ?

In advance, thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a demo for this boot scenario, however, it currently requires a download approval. I will contact you by e-Mail with more information.

Best Regards,
Platon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
andrewxiang
Contributor I

Where can I download the software? And how does different core access the peripheral? I assume there is one set of peripheral for the single chip. 

0 Kudos
curiousmindflow
Contributor II

Hello,

Sure, you just needs the 2 screenshots attached, at least to begin. I didn't go any further yet.

0 Kudos
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a demo for this boot scenario, however, it currently requires a download approval. I will contact you by e-Mail with more information.

Best Regards,
Platon

0 Kudos
mohanp
Contributor I

@bpe 

could you please share solution for question on this thread

thanks

Mohan

0 Kudos
Josip_Nigojevic
Contributor I

Can you share this demo with me too please?

0 Kudos
thepian
Contributor I

I would like access to this example as well. I plan to run Yocto for the A cores and Zephyr RTOS on the M core.

0 Kudos
MateoSegura413
Contributor III

Hello, Could I get such an example forwared to me as well? I've opened a support ticket about this too

0 Kudos
stevedelahunty
Contributor I

Can you share me me as well?

0 Kudos
esvna
Contributor II

How can I access this demo? can you please provide access

0 Kudos
asap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

for S32G multicore (A53 and M7) boot demos, some published resources listed here:

1. GoldVIP - Boot and Partitioning (Automotive Software package manager- S32G2 - bundles and use cases - GoldVIP, once installed, refer to User Manuel chapter 4.2 deploy goldvip images and chapter 6. boot flow; and Developer's guide chapter 2.1 & 2.2), when you read the documentation, you can also refer to the video clips on GoldVIP traing academy - GoldVIP Get started

2. NXP reference software - Integration reference examples (Automotive Software package manager- S32G2 - bundles and use cases - Integration reference examples, once installed refer to documentation->release note and user manuals)

3. S32G2 traning academy - S32G2 boot overview

4. "Enabling Multicore application on S32G2 using S32G2 platform software integration - application note" : AN17350 (also provided associated AN13750SW

5. "Automotive premium engineering service" : https://www.nxp.com/support/support/nxp-engineering-services/automotive-premium-services:AP-PREMIUM-..., you could find professional automotive engineering services/training offering from here.

6. contact your NXP local sales to seek further help.

hope that helps.

Albert
Tags (2)
viswa_kondapall
Contributor IV

Hi NXP employee,

We treid all the links, those are not help full. Please dont deviate the topic. Please go the nxp reply above and share the solutions. we are dieing and digging the codes every thing wat not to say. 

NXP Gold VIP is working fine but NXP example demo codes are not working. This NXP is intentionally hidding the information. How we can progress here A53 and M7 to load.

Regards,

Viswanath K

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
asap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi viswa_kondapall,

I have just updated my post to include two recent update regarding the collatoral/demo software we provided for customer reference. please understand booting and multicore booting are deep technical projects especially the complex multicore system like S32G. in this open community, we can provide the best effort with our technical team also community experts to give high level guides, explain the offer we provided also prepare further chance to follow up with customer offline. Please contact your local sales/fae representative to initiate that discussion 

thank you for your understanding

Albert
0 Kudos
hw_wangqiang
Contributor I

Hi 

I also have the same demand. Can you expand this download method to me?

0 Kudos
awais_damon
Contributor I

Hi,

Can you please give me access to this solution too. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
brian_xiong
Contributor I

Can you email me the demo app?

0 Kudos
bruce-lip
Contributor I

Hi NXP

I also have the same demand. Can you expand this download method to me?

0 Kudos
curiousmindflow
Contributor II

Hello,

I finally succeeded to boot both at the same time.

0 Kudos
Contributor II

Can you share me me as well?How can you find it?Thank you very much.I can send some e-books

to you!

0 Kudos
abelal
Contributor II

@curiousmindflowwould you be okay to share the details here so others can benefit?

zhouwg
Contributor II

As NXP expert said, "There is a demo for this boot scenario, however, it currently requires a download approval."

The enclosed is one of the official documents about this topic(I'm also studying this topic currently)

FYI

0 Kudos