Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProcessorExpert enables cloking of modules I'm not interested in

Jump to solution
maksimsalau
Contributor II

Hello,

I've updated my project to SDK 3.0.0 RTM (my target MCU is S32DS142) and now I see a neat feature of ProcessorExpert: it enables clocks for modules one has added drivers for. Possibly the feature was introduces earlier, but I switched from 0.8.6 so this looks new to me :smileyhappy:

The downside of such behavior is that PE enables clocks for all modules of the same type even if a driver is added only for one.

E.g.: I've added 3 timers (FTM0, FTM2 and FTM3), 1 ADC (ADC0), 1 UART (LPUART0). I make no use of FTM1, ADC1 and LPUART1, but PE keeps enabling them in clock manager on every rebuild!

So here is the question: Is there a way to prevent PE from enabling unused modules?

BTW, PDB is implicitly used by ADC, and firmware crashes if appropriate PDB is not clocked, but PE is not aware of this dependency (i.e. it doesn't enable clocking of PDB, but enable clocking of ADC when the driver or PAL is added).

Thanks,

Maksim

0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maksim,

Thank you for this report!

CLOCK component enables automatically all module clocks for a driver. But it shouldn’t enable back a module clock once you disable it. It’s an issue which has been logged into the defect tracking database and will be fixed in a next release.

Stan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maksim,

Thank you for this report!

CLOCK component enables automatically all module clocks for a driver. But it shouldn’t enable back a module clock once you disable it. It’s an issue which has been logged into the defect tracking database and will be fixed in a next release.

Stan

0 Kudos
maksimsalau
Contributor II

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for clarification!

Maksim

0 Kudos