Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C DSPI only use CTAR0

Jump to solution
Dong_Luo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have an application that needs 3 SPI slave devices to connect to 1 master device (MPC5777C), and the three slave devices have a difference on the clock and transfer attributes. So I want to use different CTARs register to link to the related slave devices, however, the SDK drivers do not seem to support this feature, since only CTAR0 is used by default in dspi_driver.c, and there is no API to configure different CTAR for master communicate with multiple SPI slave devices.

pastedImage_1.png

Now I only use the function of DSPI_UpdateCS to switch the 3 slave devices, fortunately, these 3 slave devices are able to be compatible with the same baud rate, clock phase, and clock polarity.

I still hope that later versions of SDK will have APIs that support the configuration of CTAR.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dong,

I asked SDK experts for comments and here is the feedback:

"That feature is not supported because is hard to keep the same look and feel for all IPs.

Is not feasible to change something on SDK and also on RTD we decided to keep the same approach, otherwise will be difficult for autosar environment."

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dong,

I asked SDK experts for comments and here is the feedback:

"That feature is not supported because is hard to keep the same look and feel for all IPs.

Is not feasible to change something on SDK and also on RTD we decided to keep the same approach, otherwise will be difficult for autosar environment."

Regards,

Lukas