Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem of launch debug of MAC57D54(Halo) with S32DS for ARM v1.2

Jump to solution
enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

I am tring to debug MAC57D54(Halo) with S32DS for ARM v1.2, I created a simple project with its New S32DS Project wizard, it's compiled successfully with no any errors/warnings. but with I debug the M4 core ith Pemicro U-Multilink Rev.C/Rev.A[(FX), it failed with "Error in services launch sequence":

149052_149052.jpgS32DS_halo_debug_error3.jpg

the default debug configurations does not work, so I modified some settings as below, while the problem continues:

149050_149050.jpgS32DS_halo_debug_error1.jpg

149051_149051.jpgS32DS_halo_debug_error2.jpg

Have anyone met such problem, and could give some suggestions?

Thanks~!

Enwei Hu

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Enwei,

I have a little different board (SCH-28792 RevC - smaller and processor is on a separate daughter card) and the connection works fine.

Anyway I've heard from my colleague who used the board you have that there might be a problem when internal flash is empty - it causes an instant reset to occurs and it could be difficult to connect to the board.

There is TRACE32 script available if you have a Lauterbach debugger available which should help to connect (attached).

Can you try to add a longer delay after reset ? e.g. 10s=10000ms?

Do you have a P&E Universal (non FX variant) available?

Does your P&E FX probe works with any other Arm board? There might be perhaps an obsolete firmware ...

Regards,

Stan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
johnkevintoral
Contributor II

Hi, 

Same to my case, I also use MAC57DBMB EVB. Reset LED is always on. is there any script using PEMicro MultiFX to unreset? I cannot debug my board.

Error in services launch sequence The GDB Server was not able to establish a connection to the target processor. Please check your connections and power. 

BR, 

Kevin

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Enwei,

I have a little different board (SCH-28792 RevC - smaller and processor is on a separate daughter card) and the connection works fine.

Anyway I've heard from my colleague who used the board you have that there might be a problem when internal flash is empty - it causes an instant reset to occurs and it could be difficult to connect to the board.

There is TRACE32 script available if you have a Lauterbach debugger available which should help to connect (attached).

Can you try to add a longer delay after reset ? e.g. 10s=10000ms?

Do you have a P&E Universal (non FX variant) available?

Does your P&E FX probe works with any other Arm board? There might be perhaps an obsolete firmware ...

Regards,

Stan

0 Kudos
enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Stan,

I tried to set the reset delay time to 10s as you suggested, and debug with U-Multilink, it can work now, thank you~!

After further test, I found the single-M4 core debug works well, but when lauch group and enter multi-core debug, I cannot control A5 and M0+ core any more, they are always runing, and if I try to suspend A5 or M0+(the M4 core is OK as single-core debug), it will teminate the GDB debug server and the debug disconnected.

Have you tested the multi-core debug, is it OK for Halo?

Best regard,

Enwei

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Enwei,

Can you please indicate which Schematic revision number and board are you using?

Stan

0 Kudos
enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stan,

I am using the blue EVB with 516BGA package(X-HALO516BGA-EVB), its schematic number is: SCH-28363 PDF: SPF-28363, it's the Rev. B:

pastedImage_0.png

how many versions does the EVB have, and what's their difference?

Best regard,

Enwei Hu.

0 Kudos
enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@Stanislav Sliva ,

Do you have any updates about this issue, how can I fix it?

thanks~!

Enwei.

0 Kudos