Shall I press the openSDA switch to enter Bootloader mode when using S32 DS to debug the Devkit?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shall I press the openSDA switch to enter Bootloader mode when using S32 DS to debug the Devkit?

Contributor II

Hello, everyone, I bought a Devkit-MPC5744P recently.

According to the QSG for Devkit-MPC5744P, maybe I should press the openSDA switch to enter the Bootoader Mode.

001.png

But according to the SWIG for Devkit-MPC5744P,  when using  S32 DS to debug the Devkit, it is not necessary to press the switch, just click the "Debug" button. 

So shall I press the Bootloader Entry button when I use the S32 to debug?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the bootloader mode is used for update OpenSDA firmware. For normal debug session you don't need press any button. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. But I cannot understand what kind of firmware I should update, and where I can download the latest firmware from?

Or, you mean ,I need to press the switch when using bootloader software (as shown below) to download the program ?002.png

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

on your EVB are two MCUs. First one is Kinetis K20  used as PE Micro OpenSDA debug probe. Second one MPC5744P is your target MCU. 

If - for some reason - you need to update PE Micro OpenSDA software (I called it firmware) you need to press SW4 button and set debuging MCU (kinetis K20) into boot loader mode. 

There is no relation with RappID BL Tool. 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos