S32K144 Signal Generator

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 Signal Generator

RV777
Contributor I

Hello. I'm new into all of this and wanted to ask some questions.
I need to create Signal Generator right now, the signal has to be from any GPIO pin.
I'm using: 
S32DS
S32K144EVB board: https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/get-started-with-the-s32k144evb:NGS-S32K144EVB

So my idea was to:
- create new application project where I drag functions from components of my project,

- I chose CLOCK_DRV_Init(&clockMan1_InitConfig0); to initialize the clock,

- PINS_DRV_Init(PTA, g_pin_mux_InitConfigArr); - initialize PTA registers from where I will use J2-16 PTA14 GPIO pin,
- then I somehow need to set them to output I guess (because the signal will be generated from the board to outside of it),

- the signal has to be ~1000Mhz so I need to choose the right functions to make the signal with this kind of frequency,

- to read the value (and check if this works) I will use the example with ftm_signal_measurement_s32k144 example.

Any help would be appreciated.
Have a good programming time

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi RV777,

I am sorry to tell you that the S32K1x is not able to generate 1000MHz signal, it's out of the specification "5.6 AC electrical specifications at 5 V range" of S32K1xx MCU Family - Data Sheet

5.6 AC electrical specifications at 5 V range.png

By the way, oc_pal_s32k144 is able to generate signal too. You don't need to toggle GPIO by software.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

RV777
Contributor I

The thing is, I am using 12V.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, the board can be powered by 12V through J16, but the power supply voltage range of S32K144 can only be 2.7-5.5v.

Table 3. Voltage and current operating requirements for S32K1xx series.png

0 Kudos

RV777
Contributor I

So could you help me generating any signal from GPIO?
By that I mean giving some ideas or steps I have to provide in order to make my program work. 
Thank you for your advice

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You don't need to toggle GPIO by software. oc_pal_s32k144 is able to generate signal. The signal is output from a pin too. 

But S32K144 can not output such high(1000MHz) frequency signal. So You may need to change the MCU.

0 Kudos