cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS Command line configuration tool errors

Jump to solution
tony-atlismv
Contributor III

Hi, I am having trouble generating code with S32 Configuration Tools based on a .mex file per the command line instructions in S32DS help. I’m assuming this takes the place of using the “update” function found in the pin and peripheral update “ConfigTool” in the S32DS IDE, correct?

So, for testing, I created a simple S32K344 “MyProject” project configured with two GPIO pins and three peripherals (osif_1, Siul2_Dio and Siul2_Port) and with clocks configured with default parameters. The mex file was generated through the S32DS IDE using the “ConfigTool” and “update” function prior to running the command so I could test the Eclipse configuration command line execution.

Following the S32DS help command line example, running in a Windows 11 command window with administrative privileges, I used:

C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\eclipsec.exe -nosplash -application com.nxp.swtools.framework.application --launcher.ini C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\eclipse.ini -HeadlessTool Clocks -Load C:\workspace\MyProject.mex -ExportSrc C:\workspace\OutputFiles

But when I run the command, I receive the following output:

Jun 14, 2022 12:30:35 PM com.nxp.swtools.framework.Application unzipDefaultData

INFO: Zip file with default offline data does not exist. Trying to unzip:'C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\mcu_data\offline_data.zip'

Jun 14, 2022 12:30:36 PM com.nxp.swtools.utils.ConfigurationUtils logAndShowError

SEVERE: Corrupted file or not MEX format C:\workspace\MyProject.mex

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\workspace\MyProject.mex (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:93)

at com.nxp.swtools.utils.ConfigurationUtils.lambda$4(ConfigurationUtils.java:357)

at com.nxp.swtools.utils.ConfigurationUtils.openConfiguration(ConfigurationUtils.java:467)

at com.nxp.swtools.framework.Application.loadConfigFromCMD(Application.java:1057)

at com.nxp.swtools.framework.Application.start(Application.java:524)

at com.nxp.swtools.framework.Application.start(Application.java:441)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

Jun 14, 2022 12:30:36 PM com.nxp.swtools.framework.Application verifyToolEnabled

WARNING: Trying to run headless Clocks tool that is not present in the current configuration.

Jun 14, 2022 12:30:36 PM com.nxp.swtools.clocks.wizards.exportWizard.ExportClocksSourcesWizard getGeneratedSources

WARNING: Source generation not possible for empty profile:MCU is not selected

Can I not use an already generated mex file from a S32DS IDE project? If not, does the mex file need to be generated from the command line tool only? Note that I would eventually like to use this in a Continuously Integrated (CI) environment.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is 'eclipse.ini'? Is it same as s32ds.ini, just renamed? Did you modify the contents as well as the name?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is 'eclipse.ini'? Is it same as s32ds.ini, just renamed? Did you modify the contents as well as the name?

0 Kudos
tony-atlismv
Contributor III

Thanks, yes, I didn't realize that I was using the wrong ini file. That corrected the problem.

Regards,

tony-atlismv

0 Kudos
tony-atlismv
Contributor III

Actually, I noticed that my error above in the -Load command, it should be -Load C:\workspace\MyProject\MyProject.mex.

Although, when I tried the correction in the command line, I still receive the error:

Jun 14, 2022 3:19:21 PM com.nxp.swtools.framework.Application unzipDefaultData
INFO: Zip file with default offline data does not exist. Trying to unzip:'C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\mcu_data\offline_data.zip'
Jun 14, 2022 3:19:24 PM com.nxp.swtools.framework.Application verifyToolEnabled
WARNING: Trying to run headless Clocks tool that is not present in the current configuration.
Jun 14, 2022 3:19:24 PM com.nxp.swtools.clocks.wizards.exportWizard.ExportClocksSourcesWizard getGeneratedSources
WARNING: Source generation not possible for empty profile:MCU is not selected

Still no output source files are generated.

I believe I am missing the C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\mcu_data\offline_data.zip file, but not sure where to get this? Although, I have looked for the SDK zip file on the NXP website DocStore and couldn't find anything. Although, I would of assumed that the mex file would have the MCU info?

Thanks again for any help.

0 Kudos
Sabiha
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Nov 14, 2022 10:34:20 AM com.nxp.swtools.framework.Application unzipDefaultData
INFO: Zip file with default offline data does not exist. Trying to unzip:'/home/nxf91656/NXP/S32DS.3.4/mcu_data/offline_data.zip'

Hello.. I am facing the same issue.. I wanted to know how you resolved this issue.. 

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Sabiha,

Is this error only occurring when executing from command line, or also when running from the Eclipse GUI?

What is the command you are executing?

Perhaps you are missing something in the command.

Here is step by step procedure on my machine (project and workspace is in my home folder, S32DS installed into default path)

1. Import into workspace

First of all, you need to import existing project into workspace (if it is not already there) - testing project is in attachment:

C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild --launcher.ini c:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\s32ds.ini -data c:\Users\public\workspaceS32DS.3.4 -import c:\users\public\Dio_Example_S32K344

2. Code update

the project files can be generated by this command - started from my home directory:

C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -application com.nxp.swtools.framework.application --launcher.ini c:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\s32ds.ini -HeadlessTool Clocks -importProject c:\Users\public\Dio_Example_S32K344 -sdkPath c:/NXP/S32DS.3.4/S32DS/software/PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_03 -data c:\Users\public\workspaceS32DS.3.4

3. Build

This project is based on MCAL and in the .args file  generated from command line is missing part of path for mcal.h and related stuff. I already logged it as a bug. As a workaround you need to add include path manually (by the -I option):

C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild --launcher.ini c:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\s32ds.ini -data c:\Users\public\workspaceS32DS.3.4 -cleanBuild Dio_Example_S32K344/Debug_FLASH -I C:/NXP/S32DS.3.4/S32DS/software/PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_03/SW32K3_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2203/Base_TS_T40D34M20I0R0/header -I C:/NXP/S32DS.3.4/S32DS/software/PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_03/SW32K3_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2203/Base_TS_T40D34M20I0R0/include -I C:/NXP/S32DS.3.4/S32DS/software/PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_03/SW32K3_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2203/Base_TS_T40D34M20I0R0/include -I C:/NXP/S32DS.3.4/S32DS/software/PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_03/SW32K3_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2203/Platform_TS_T40D34M20I0R0/startup/include

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Sabiha
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike.. thank you for your response.. I am using linux terminal

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Sabiha,

Is this issue now solved?

You didn't answer my other questions or indicate if the instructions I provided were helpful. I'm not sure how to help you further without more details from your end.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Sabiha
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @mikedoidge, it is not working..

I am working on Linux and I need to generate a blob image... I am running s32ds from the terminal. 

And I am facing that mcu_data/offline_data.zip not found issue.. also it tells Unsupported package SAF8544_621bga

I understood that we need to install RTD package for this..

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Sabiha,

As for now, the RTD does not officially support Linux host OS installation. Perhaps this is the cause of the issue. If you have further questions regarding the RTD support, please contact @namnguyenviet.

Best Regards,

Mike