S32DS AND CODEWORRIER Assembler programming. Please help URGENT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS AND CODEWORRIER Assembler programming. Please help URGENT

peteradamcik
Contributor III

Hi guys, serious problem here. I'm an assembler programmer and I've designed a standalone board with the PDX20 which is also a MPC5645S. I've checked ALL voltages and GND and all is correct, my board is working fine with downloading code using codeworrier via the JTAG interface.

I've created a C project and called my assembler program via a extern function in C. Now this works fine. I've done this is S32DS and Codeworrier. 

Using Codeworrier -> When typing in assembler instructions codeworrier hardly recognises any of the assembler instructions. It does accept a few like add r3,r4,r5 but won't accept addi r3,r4,50. It won't accept  stw r5,0(r3) so I can't even store data anywhere, and load instructions don't work either. I can say that codeworrier does download my code to my standalone via the JTAG interface so I know that my standalone board is fine. Can someone help with codeworrier recognising the PowerPC assembler instructions.

Using S32DS -> S32DS accepts ALL the PowerPC assembler instructions so I'm happy about that but here's the problem. When I build the program is all good but when I choose debug it won't down load the code to my standalone board yet codeworrier does download the code. The error I'm getting in SD32 is "Launching PDX20_TEST.elf" has encountered a problem. Error with command: gdb -- version.

I have NO idea what that means, can someone help me on that. I'd rather use SD32 than codeworrier. 

Thanks guys and hope to hear from you soon.

Pete

0 Kudos
2 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pete,

Regarding s32 Design Studio - please check this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/Cannot-run-program-quot-gdb-quot-Launching-failed/m-p...

Regarding CodeWarrior - Seems you are using 32bit BOOKE instruction set instead of VLE. One reason why CodeWarrior may not recognize the instructions is that it is switched to accept VLE instructions only.

Please check if the option below is enabled for your CodeWarrior project: 

stanish_1-1628087441145.png

Hope it helps,

Stan

0 Kudos

peteradamcik
Contributor III

Hi Stan, thank you for the info. I could not find the Tool Settings in Codeworrier, You must have a different version than I. Anyway I found when you create a new project it gives you the option to use VLE in a checkbox and its ON at default, so I created a new project and unchecked the VLE box and now its accepting all the PPC assembler instruction. A BIG THANK YOU for that. Codeworrier is not a FULL FREE IDE so I would rather use SD32. Codeworrier only allows 64k of code which is useless with our project. Our microcontroller has 2MB of flash and we will need almost ALL of that.

I'll check out the thread that you said for S32DS.

Thank you so much for your help, I totally appreciate the support NXP Community does for its developers.

Peter

0 Kudos