cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS 3.4 license missing

Jump to solution
KrisL
Contributor II

I have activated S32DS 3.4 for about one month, but today when I start the application it shows ”license missing“. when I try to reactivate with the same acivation code it shows "Your Software Activation Code is for another feature.Do you want to return it?"。Reinstallation dosen't work as well.

But when I use this activation code to active a new version 3.5, it works. but some toolchains like SPT,LAX can't work at this version.

So how can I reactive S32DS 3.4.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kris,

I've checked your account. I see only a license for S32 Design Studio 3.5. There is no S32 Design Studio 3.4 license. If you would like to entitle your account for S32 Design Studio 3.4, please use this link: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=S32DS-3-4

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kris,

I've checked your account. I see only a license for S32 Design Studio 3.5. There is no S32 Design Studio 3.4 license. If you would like to entitle your account for S32 Design Studio 3.4, please use this link: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=S32DS-3-4

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Abhinavan_magna
Contributor I

Hello Mike,

I am having my licenses activated for S32DS ARM 2.2 in my account but facing the same issue.

On trying to activate it, it is throwing me below errors.

Abhinavan_magna_0-1689319459256.png

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I checked our license server. I can see your last successful activation was on 5 June 2023. Starting on 13 July 2023 the activation requests are failing. Comparing the activation request XML files, I can see that the successful requests contained a <UniqueMachineNumber>, for the failed requests, this field in the XML request file has no <value> entry. So something has changed.

Have you changed to a new PC?

Is the Windows OS changed?

This error is covered in the troubleshooting guide on our HOWTO page:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-Activation-fails-with-...

Please check this document for the solution.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
ajayyadav1996
Contributor III

Hello Mike,
I am also facing same problem but different error message. Please check below. 
Can you please help me with this problem?

ajayyadav1996_0-1688021783149.png

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ajay,

Please check the troubleshooting guide: Troubleshooting: Activation fails with error message FNP ERROR 0

Look to the error solution #2, it matches with your reported error.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
ajayyadav1996
Contributor III

Hello Mike,

Thanks a lot for your response. I have tried both possible solutions mentioned in solution (2) of Troubleshooting: Activation fails with error messa... - NXP Community But unfortunately both of them are not worked. Please see below screenshots, Screenshot 1 is for first solution (When S32DS is already installed) and Screenshot 2 is for second solution (When S32DS is not installed on system).

Please let me know if you need any other information like installation log or something.

Best Regards,
Ajay

ajayyadav1996_0-1688113166215.png

ajayyadav1996_1-1688113188294.png

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajay,

After reviewing the activation request.xml files sent to the license activation server each time you try to activate, I can see that they are not correct. They seem to be missing the unique machine identifier. This is how the license can be issued for your machine, it has to have some way to uniquely identify the machine. It likely uses some value, such as ethernet MAC address or C:\ drive serial number. Typically we see this type of issue when someone is trying to install to a non-persistent virtual machine. Are you trying to install to a non-persistent virtual machine?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
ajayyadav1996
Contributor III

Hello Mike,

I am installing on my system where it was running previously. I uninstalled the software when it started throwing license missing error. It is not a non-persistent virtual machine.

Thank you !!

Best Regards,

Ajay 

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajay,

The FlexLM licensing we use within S32 Design Studio requires some hardware ID to associate the license. Therefore, it does not support non-persistent virtual machines because each time, the hardware is reported with different ID.

Please try to install again on either a real machine or a persistent virtual machine.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
NamNam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I met same issues, when i try install S32 Design Studio v3.4 Windows installer (S32DS.3.4_b201217_win32.x86_64.exe)  can you help me check it?

nxf80624_0-1669264595116.png

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nam,

I've checked your account. I see nothing wrong. You have an active license with a long time before expiration. All activation attempts are reported as successful on the server.

When the issue occurs, you are prompted to return the license, correct? If so, please select the option to return the license and then re-activate using the activation code.

If this does not resolve the issue, then please try to re-initialize the trusted storage, then activate again:

Windows host:

-> Delete 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet'

This folder may be hidden by default, so then it would be necessary to change Windows Explorer settings to show hidden items.

Linux host:

/usr/local/share/macrovision/storage

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
nxf47333
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

I met same issues, i installed S32DSV3.5 but unsuccessfully, i tried several times, but installation rollback after i enter activation code. but i found my S2DS V3.4 miss licensing, i try to active it, but it show "Your Software Activation Code is for another feature. do your want to return it" then no mater i hit Ye or No, no any response. i found same activation code on both V3.4 and V3.5

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @nxf47333,

Which activation code are you using?

Most likely the activation code is for S32DS 3.5 and will not work for S32DS 3.4.

If you could, please enable 'Windows 7 compatibility mode' on the install file when you try to install S32DS 3.5.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
KrisL
Contributor II

Hi,the problem is solved,thanks !!!

KrisL_0-1660875933941.png

KrisL
Contributor II

I can‘t active S32DS 3.4 with the activation code 672F-0130-BCC2-xxxx

KrisL_1-1660874366218.png

KrisL_0-1660874268751.png

0 Kudos
KrisL
Contributor II

I have to point out that the activation code E993-3083-CFA0-xxxx can not work as well。

KrisL_0-1660875327705.jpeg

KrisL_1-1660875347293.jpeg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos