Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS 2018R1 UP-11 update giving strange issues

Jump to solution
Learner
Contributor III

Hi

Strange behaviour of S32DS 2018R1. While working on project sometimes it is giving errors in code generation. Please refer the attached snapshot for details. When I create new project with same code and with same configuration, it works fine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Learner ,

Thank you for providing the example projects. I looked at the two projects and found the following difference:

The project 'S32K148_EVAL_Demo_1' contains the 'Generated_Code' folder in the source folders on build path, but this is missing for the project 'S32K148_Eval_Demo'.

mikedoidge_0-1604354741674.png

After I add the folder and rebuild, the errors are gone.

Regarding your question on the S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform, you can get the v3.3 download from here: https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/s32-design-studio-ide/s32-design-studio-for...

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

13 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Learner ,

Does this issue occur only to the same project? Does it eventually happen to any project? When you create a new project using the same code, as you described, does the issue disappear permanently? Where did the original project come from? Was it created with 2018.R1?

Also, your screen shots show v2.2, so this issue exists for both 2018.R1 and v2.2?

Mike

0 Kudos
Learner
Contributor III

@mikedoidge 

I have tried to answer all your questions below:

Does this issue occur only to the same project?

Yes. 

Does it eventually happen to any project?

This issue happened to any of the project. But after creating new project with same code this issue will disappear.

When you create a new project using the same code, as you described, does the issue disappear permanently?

Yes, after creating new project with the same code the issue will disappear.

Where did the original project come from? Was it created with 2018.R1?

The original project was created with v 2.2. But this same issue i am facing with 2018R1 as well.

Also, your screen shots show v2.2, so this issue exists for both 2018.R1 and v2.2?

Yes i am facing this issue both in 2018.R1 and v2.2. But this issue is not occurring in all the projects. Suddenly while compiling this issue will arise and if i will create new project with the same code then this issue will not be present in the new created project.

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Learner ,

We need to determine what is different about the projects which produce the errors. Is some change made to the project just prior to the occurrence of the issue?

Is it possible you made changes to the ProcessorExpert settings for the projects, but did not regenerate the code?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Learner
Contributor III

Hi @mikedoidge 

Any recommendations or suggestions to resolve the current issue? I am keep on getting this issue in my different projects.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Learner ,

My apologies, I thought you were indicating you had an acceptable workaround.

To solve this problem, we need to understand more details on the projects where the issue is occurring. As you indicate, a newly created project using the same code does not display the issue, it seems the issue only exists with the projects created before installing Update 11. 

1) What version of S32 Design Studio for ARM (and what update) was used the last time the affected projects built clean(without the current reported issue)?

2) Have you tried the latest release of S32 Design Studio for ARM v2.2? We also have migrated the S32K1xx support to our new product S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.3, have you tried this?

3) Could you provide a sample project which displays the issue?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Learner
Contributor III

Hi @mikedoidge 

Thanks for your support. I have answered all your question below as per best of my knowledge.

1) What version of S32 Design Studio for ARM (and what update) was used the last time the affected projects built clean(without the current reported issue)?

I was using S32 Design Studio 2018R1 with Update-11. Even the same issues i am facing with S32DS v2.2 as well.

2) Have you tried the latest release of S32 Design Studio for ARM v2.2? We also have migrated the S32K1xx support to our new product S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.3, have you tried this?

I have tried with S32 Design Studio for ARM v2.2. I am sorry but i am not aware of v3.3. Please share link for v3.3 so that i can test and provide you the feedbacks.

3) Could you provide a sample project which displays the issue?

please find the attachment of sample code(having error S32K148_Eval_Demo.rar) with S32DS with v2.2

No errors if i create a new project with same code please refer attachment S32K148_Eval_Demo_1.rar

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Learner ,

Thank you for providing the example projects. I looked at the two projects and found the following difference:

The project 'S32K148_EVAL_Demo_1' contains the 'Generated_Code' folder in the source folders on build path, but this is missing for the project 'S32K148_Eval_Demo'.

mikedoidge_0-1604354741674.png

After I add the folder and rebuild, the errors are gone.

Regarding your question on the S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform, you can get the v3.3 download from here: https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/s32-design-studio-ide/s32-design-studio-for...

Best Regards,

Mike

Learner
Contributor III

Thanks @mikedoidge 

Appreciate your help and support.

0 Kudos
Learner
Contributor III

@mikedoidge 

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible you made changes to the ProcessorExpert settings for the projects, but did not regenerate the code?

I didn't made any change in the processor expert setting. This issue occurred with few of my projects. So as a workaround i made another project with the same code.

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Learner ,

When you make the change to the indexer settings, probably it will trigger an automatic rebuild of the index. In case this did not happen, make sure to run the command 'Rebuild' within the Index menu as shown:

mikedoidge_0-1603382365336.png

Without the rebuild, there would be no improvement.

Mike

0 Kudos
Learner
Contributor III

Hi @mikedoidge 

I have already tried index rebuild option. But still errors are not removed.I am attaching the snapshot of error logs for reference.

Learner_0-1603386506285.png

Learner_1-1603386565969.png

Learner_2-1603386621759.png

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Learner ,

Your issue looks quite a lot like the one described in the following article: https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-Indexer-errors-on-head... 

Please try the solution detailed there and see if it resolves your issue next time.

Hope it helps,

Mike

0 Kudos
Learner
Contributor III

Learner_0-1603357697725.pngLearner_1-1603357771872.png

Still my errors are not resolve.I have attached the snapshot of index settings. I had tried to close and reopen S32KDS as well.

0 Kudos