S32 design studio license activation fails (online and offline)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 design studio license activation fails (online and offline)

emilio_honey
Contributor I

License activation for S32 design studio ARM 2018.R1 fails.

Attempted both online and offline activation. 

The attached activation.xml is an ErrorResponse from offline activation, which indicates an <ErrorCode>com.acresso.activation.handler.ServerException</ErrorCode>

I've had problems with Flexera activation in the past.

My PC is a Dell Precision 5510 i7-6820HQ, with Windows 7 Professional K and a NVMe 1TB SCSi SSD, coworkers with the same machine with an additional HDD do not seem to have this problem.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

emilio_honey
Contributor I

I found the problem. 

Apparently Flexera license activation fails if any network interface is disabled (in the Windows device manager).

Our company policy requires that all devices have Bluetooth disabled. I had to activate the WiFi and Bluetooth adapters on my computer for the duration of the license activation for it to work.

It seems like this should at least be better documented, if not changed. I'm sure there are many companies that routinely disable WiFi or Bluetooth adapters for security reasons.

0 Kudos

b13310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please make sure that you use activation ID for correct version of Design Studio:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/s32-design-studio-ide/s32-design-s...

0 Kudos