cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Debug Probe only with a USB Connection

naoki_sawai_wv
Contributor I

Hi,

Is it necessary to make settings to use S32 Debug Probe only with a USB connection? Start S32DS, go to Debug Configurations, set interface to USB and press Debug,
   Error in final launch sequence
   Errors in attributes:
   Cannot obtain virtual IP for selected device.Try to reconnect device or recreate all ethernet connections.

Error is given. Please tell me what to do.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

naoki_sawai_wv
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply. I will attach a screenshot.

Debugger.pngDebug.png

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

it looks okay. What is output from ipconfig /all console command? Is there IP address of Debug probe present?

Jiri 

0 Kudos

naoki_sawai_wv
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Does using ipconfig mean I need to connect Ether? In my environment, I want to use it only by USB connection. Can I use it like that?
0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

technically the USB interface on S32 Debug probe is Ethernet over USB and probe should have IP address shown in ipconfig list. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

naoki_sawai_wv
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

When I connect only USB and run ipconfig, it appears in the list. (S32 Debug Probe USB Ethernet ... ) IP address is also displayed.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

can you please share output from debug console (if there is any) and screenshot of your debug session settings? 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

naoki_sawai_wv
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the trouble. Share screenshot.

0 Kudos

naoki_sawai_wv
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply. I will attach a screenshot.

Debug.pngDebugger.png

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

sorry for delay. You can try to re-install S32 Debug probe driver - with default install path it is located in c:\NXP\S32DS.3.3\S32DS\tools\S32Debugger\Debugger\drivers\usb\ . Actually I never met such issue before. It also may be some issue with firewall on your machine. As a workaround you can try to use Ethernet port instead of USB. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos