Processor Export Command Line build issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Export Command Line build issue

hsmith
Contributor I

I am seeing issues when I run processor export from the command line.  Here is what I have done

• I have installed S32 design studio for ARM 2.2 and the first update.
  • I created a new workspace and a project from example.  S32K118 RTM 3.0.0 hello world
  • I clean in S32DS and build in S32DS and everything seems ok.
  • I close down S32 DS
  • I run my processor expert command from the workspace path

"c:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\eclipse\eclipsec.exe -nosplash -application com.freescale.processorexpert.core.PExApplication -data ..\ -generate hello_world_s32k118" 

And I see the following

C:\Projects\NXP_Test\CmdLineBuild>c:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\eclipse\eclipsec.exe -nosplash -application com.freescale.processorexpert.core.PExApplication -data .\ -generate hello_world_s32k118
Opening project hello_world_s32k118 ...
Managed Build system manifest file error: Unable to resolve the superClass identifier ghs.managedmake.arm.executable.toolchain in the toolChain com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.ghs.toolchain.debug.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Unable to resolve the superClass identifier ghs.managedmake.arm.executable.toolchain in the toolChain com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.ghs.toolchain.release.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Unable to resolve the superClass identifier ghs.managedmake.arm.executable.toolchain in the toolChain com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.ghs.toolchain.debug.ram.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Unable to resolve the superClass identifier ghs.managedmake.arm.executable.toolchain in the toolChain com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.ghs.toolchain.release.ram.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Unable to resolve the superClass identifier ghs.managedmake.arm.static_library.toolchain in the toolChain com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.ghs.toolchain.debug.lib.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Unable to resolve the superClass identifier ghs.managedmake.arm.static_library.toolchain in the toolChain com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.ghs.toolchain.release.lib.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wrong format: SDK_S32K1xx_15, expected: (\d*\.)*-(GA|RC)?\d*(-.*)?
at com.processorexpert.core.kpsdk.preferences.descriptors.SdkManifestDescriptor$SdkVersion.<init>(SdkManifestDescriptor.java:1339)
at com.processorexpert.core.kpsdk.preferences.descriptors.SdkManifestDescriptor.setSdkVersionNumber(SdkManifestDescriptor.java:350)
at com.processorexpert.core.kpsdk.preferences.descriptors.SdkManifestDescriptor$Builder.build(SdkManifestDescriptor.java:875)
at com.processorexpert.core.kpsdk.preferences.PEProjectExtenderSDK.manifestLoad(PEProjectExtenderSDK.java:716)
at com.processorexpert.core.kpsdk.preferences.PEProjectExtenderSDK.manifestLazyLoad(PEProjectExtenderSDK.java:807)
at com.processorexpert.core.kpsdk.preferences.PEProjectExtenderSDK.manifestLazyLoad(PEProjectExtenderSDK.java:580)
at com.processorexpert.core.kpsdk.preferences.PEProjectExtenderSDK.loadProjectOption(PEProjectExtenderSDK.java:448)
at com.processorexpert.core.ProjectPE.loadProject(ProjectPE.java:1740)
at com.processorexpert.core.client.ProjectPEclient.loadProject(ProjectPEclient.java:2039)
at com.processorexpert.core.ProjectPE.loadProject(ProjectPE.java:1614)
at com.processorexpert.core.client.ProjectPEclient.loadProject(ProjectPEclient.java:2144)
at com.processorexpert.core.client.PEApplicationClient.openProject(PEApplicationClient.java:162)
at com.processorexpert.core.ProjectManager.getProject(ProjectManager.java:241)
at com.processorexpert.core.application.PExApplication.generateProject(PExApplication.java:144)
at com.processorexpert.core.application.PExApplication.run(PExApplication.java:83)
at com.processorexpert.core.application.PExApplication.start(PExApplication.java:55)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
generating
com.freescale.processorexpert.core: {{DEVELOPMENT}} Duplicated symbol found during saving component state - invalid component: clock_manager, symbol: PeripheralInterfaceClocksGrp0
com.freescale.processorexpert.core: {{DEVELOPMENT}} Duplicated symbol found during saving component state - invalid component: clock_manager, symbol: ModuleName_I2C
com.freescale.processorexpert.core: {{DEVELOPMENT}} Duplicated symbol found during saving component state - invalid component: clock_manager, symbol: ModuleName_SPI generation finished
project closed

C:\Projects\NXP_Test\CmdLineBuild>

Now, if I actually go and update say an GPIO from input to output in S32 DS and then close and rerun the command I get all of the same errors but a new pin_mux.c with the change to the pin as expected.

I have tried this same thing on our own projects with the same results. I have tried this on a VM that has never had any version of S32 DS installed with the same results.  

How do I clean up these errors.  I suspect is it some configuration that is incorrect.  I have found some posts about this saying the SDK version is wrong but it is not wrong from what I can tell and I also have no idea what version is being compared to.  I also don't know why I'm getting duplicate component warnings.

Thanks! Howie.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

please use s32ds.exe executable instead of eclipsec.exe. The correct command in this case is: 

"c:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\eclipse\s32ds.exe -nosplash -application com.freescale.processorexpert.core.PExApplication -data .\ -generate hello_world_s32k118" 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

turgaykale
Contributor III

Hi Jiri and friends,

I am facing the same issue with Design Studio for ARM v2.2. Is there any latest info for the issue. What is the correct way to build a project from the Windows command line ?

Regards,

Turgay

0 Kudos

hsmith
Contributor I

I no longer see the same issues using s32ds but now the below command exits back to the prompt before the code is generated.  Is there a way to fix this?  I do not want an automated build happening prior to code gen completion.

C:\Projects\NXP_Test\CmdLineBuild>c:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\eclipse\s32ds.exe -nosplash -application com.freescale.processorexpert.core.PExApplication -data ..\ -generate hello_world_s32k118

C:\Projects\NXP_Test\CmdLineBuild

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

well, I'm afraid that some kind of sleep in batch script may help. As far as I know, there is no option like "wait till code is done". 

Jiri

0 Kudos

hsmith
Contributor I

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wrong format: SDK_S32K1xx_15, expected: (\d*\.)*-(GA|RC)?\d*(-.*)?

From what I can tell, NXP isn't following the correct format for its SDK API version.  If I change SDK_S32K1xx_15 to 3.0.0 this issue goes away.  I'm not sure who controls the reg expression though nor do I know why this only appears on command line builds and not in S32 Design studio.  But it would be nice get NXPs perspective on this exception.  Where does (\d*\.)*-(GA|RC)?\d*(-.*)? come from and who owns this.  The GA|RC seems odd to me.  

0 Kudos