Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Processors or SDKs

Jump to solution
rmaier
Contributor III

Hello,

After failing to get S32DS for Arm to work on my new Windows 11 machine, I am transitioning to S32DS for S32 Platform. When I create a new "S32DS Application Project" there are no processors available.

rmaier_0-1665006188759.png

I also look into updating SDKs, and nothing is available. I even downloaded the S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_4.0.3.exe. 

rmaier_1-1665006271118.png

I've also deactivated the windows defender firewall. This is a fresh install with S32DS being the first install.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Robert,

The base install of S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform contains no device support. You must install the device support package using the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu. If you would like to use the SDK or are just looking for some example projects, you must then install the RTD package using the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu. The RTD package depends upon the device support package so they must be installed in order. The SDK.exe file you downloaded is for standalone use. There is a separate .zip file which contains the '_DS_updatesite' as part of the name. This indicates it is for installation within Design Studio and is matching the package which is also available via the update website. You should be able to locate this package via the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu if you are connected to the internet and your firewall is not blocking access. If not, you can download this _DS_updatesite.zip file and add it within the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu as a new site for updates.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Robert,

The base install of S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform contains no device support. You must install the device support package using the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu. If you would like to use the SDK or are just looking for some example projects, you must then install the RTD package using the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu. The RTD package depends upon the device support package so they must be installed in order. The SDK.exe file you downloaded is for standalone use. There is a separate .zip file which contains the '_DS_updatesite' as part of the name. This indicates it is for installation within Design Studio and is matching the package which is also available via the update website. You should be able to locate this package via the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu if you are connected to the internet and your firewall is not blocking access. If not, you can download this _DS_updatesite.zip file and add it within the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu as a new site for updates.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
rmaier
Contributor III

FYI: I was able to get the .zip file to work.

0 Kudos
rmaier
Contributor III

I have downloaded everything I can:

rmaier_0-1665160884836.png

It is somehow not getting all of the packages. I am having issues with several NXP packages. I have a fresh Windows 11 install now on a home network. I have turned off all windows firewalls. Even the "allow an app through a firewall", so I can't imagine it's a firewall issue at this point.

rmaier_1-1665160956260.png

0 Kudos