cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker faults after migrating to 4.0.2

Jump to solution
DenisT1980
Contributor III

I have migrated from 3.0.0 to 4.0.2 After I I build the project in the new studio I have received some faults. Among them linker faults “undefined reference” to following variables

__VECTOR_RAM

__VECTOR_TABLE

__DATA_END

__DATA_ROM

in function INT_SYS_InstallHandler in file ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/interrupt/interrupt_manager on

This file is provided, as you see, by SDK and I cannot find any issues there.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DenisT1980
Contributor III

Hi!

I have undertaken my own research:

I have found that the mentioned symbols must be defined in linker file. In my case there is

"${ProjDirPath}/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/S32K146_128_flash.ld"

This setting can be found under Properties for <project name> → C/C++Build → Settings → Standard S32DS C Linker → General. I presume that this setting will be automaticaly set by creating the project.

In the old project under S32DS for ARM this setting was naturally set, but after migration this setting was missing.

My project was created a year ago, if you create now the new project under S32DS 2.2, then the migrating shall be functioning OK. At least the test projects I created went through the migration process without any problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DenisT1980
Contributor III

Hi!

I have undertaken my own research:

I have found that the mentioned symbols must be defined in linker file. In my case there is

"${ProjDirPath}/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/S32K146_128_flash.ld"

This setting can be found under Properties for <project name> → C/C++Build → Settings → Standard S32DS C Linker → General. I presume that this setting will be automaticaly set by creating the project.

In the old project under S32DS for ARM this setting was naturally set, but after migration this setting was missing.

My project was created a year ago, if you create now the new project under S32DS 2.2, then the migrating shall be functioning OK. At least the test projects I created went through the migration process without any problem. 

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @DenisT1980,

Just for our clarification, did you install S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 4.0.2 into S32DS for Arm v2.2?

This is not a valid combination. The S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 4.0.2 is developed for install within S32DS for S32 Platform v3.4. This is identified in the release notes included with the package.

The S32DS Extensions & Updates tool within S32DS should be used to install packages to S32DS as it will prevent unsupported packages or combinations of packages to be installed.

You are free to install as you wish using the Eclipse 'Install New Software' feature, but please know that we are limited in our ability to provide support for issues resulting from improper installations.

In your case, the S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 4.0.2 is designed to work with the S32 Configuration Tools in S32DS 3.4, whereas the S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 3.0.0 works with the ProcessorExpert tool in S32DS for Arm v2.2. So it is expected that you should encounter many issues.

Would you consider to use S32DS 3.4? We have developed a Migration tool for this purpose. I provided the link in my previous reply to this thread.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
DenisT1980
Contributor III

Hi!

Of course I have S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 3.0.0 installed in S32DS for ARM 2.2 and SDK RTM 4.0.2 installed in S32DS for S32 Plattform 3.4. And I have tried to migrate to Version 3.4. And in the process I have found above described issue, which made the migration impossible.

So I have make own research and found the error cause. Why this setting was deleted by migration tool I don’t know. I can not reproduce the fault by new created projects. Only by this old one.

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @DenisT1980,

Thank you for the clarification. We have managed to reproduce the issue on our side, logged an internal ticket and are working to determine a resolution. This solution would appear in the next release.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
DenisT1980
Contributor III

This is a good news! Thank you!

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @DenisT1980,

Could you describe the steps you followed to perform the migration? Did you follow the steps covered in the video  Migrating S32K1 projects from S32DS for ARM and SDK 3.0.x to S32DS 3.4 and SDK 4.0.2?

Were there files presented for which you chose not to overwrite?

Did you compare the updated files with the originals in the BAK folders?

Most likely some change that was made (or not made) that is causing the problem. It is also possible you have found a bug. If you are willing to share the project, we could inspect it.

If you have already solved it, please let us know this as well.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
DenisT1980
Contributor III

I replay to my initial post

0 Kudos