Is there a way to create entire BookE S32DS project (mpc5644A device)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create entire BookE S32DS project (mpc5644A device)?

Jump to solution
MPC8313ERDB_h
Contributor III

Is there a way to create entire BookE S32DS project (for mpc5644a device)?

I need to convert a very large BookE CW project to S32DS. I could not find a way to select VLE or noVLE prior to project creation. The startup.S file is coded entirely with VLE instructions. Adding "-mno-vle" flag to C compiler command line results in considerable amounts of errors due to VLE assembler modules.

If this option is not available it would be good idea to include it in future release.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

Yes, it is possible at least for C projects.

Please have a look here for the example Example MPC5644A BookE PinToggle - S32DS Power 2017.R1 

Your S32DS requires some adjustments - you need to change the startup script s32e200_mpc564xa.mac to configure MMU for BOOKE.

The script is typically located here: 

"c:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.ppc_1.7.3.201803261737\win32\gdi\P&E\s32e200_mpc564xa.mac"

The updated script is attached to the example for your convenience.

Then please import the example project to your workspace and then you can build it and debug.

Note:

You can also benefit from "Project from Example" feature of S32DS - see e.g. here:HOWTO: Add user example into S32DS 

Hope it helps.

Stan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MPC8313ERDB_h
Contributor III

Thank you Stanislav. I'll take a look. The solution I use at the moment is to grab all assembler functions into a .s file and use the option -Wa,-ppc_asm_to_vle for the assembler files (properties->setting->Standard S32DS Assembler command line). This works fine with me except some simplified instructions such as bdnz or beqlr where I need to use the raw instructions.

David

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

Yes, it is possible at least for C projects.

Please have a look here for the example Example MPC5644A BookE PinToggle - S32DS Power 2017.R1 

Your S32DS requires some adjustments - you need to change the startup script s32e200_mpc564xa.mac to configure MMU for BOOKE.

The script is typically located here: 

"c:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.ppc_1.7.3.201803261737\win32\gdi\P&E\s32e200_mpc564xa.mac"

The updated script is attached to the example for your convenience.

Then please import the example project to your workspace and then you can build it and debug.

Note:

You can also benefit from "Project from Example" feature of S32DS - see e.g. here:HOWTO: Add user example into S32DS 

Hope it helps.

Stan

zhouxian
Contributor III

What is the situation on MPC5675K? There's s32e200_mpc567xk_vle.mac and s32e200_mpc567xk_booke.mac and vle is the default, which result me debugging the code which runs on booke code and shows as vle disassembly code in "Disassembly" view.

I have done the following:

All .s file written in booke

RCHW word setting is booke

All referrenced libs are booke

-mno_vle in gcc and as setting

linkscripts using only text_vle

GDB run commands:set architecture powerpc:booke (in Startup setting of S32DS)

Initialization Script selection :add booke mac file

What's missing when using booke setting of S32DS( 2017R1.update7)?

Regards

Julian

0 Kudos