cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SDK/RTD into S32 Design Studio

Jump to solution
ArkAndyFraser
Contributor III

I have installed S32 Design Studio 3.5 but when I try and create a new S32K144 project, there are no SDK's to choose from !

ArkAndyFraser_0-1703458157123.png

What is the correct mechanism to install SDKs and what is the difference between SDK and RTD?

I downloaded and installed S32K1 Real Time Drivers AUTOSAR 4.4 Version 1.0.0 but still there are no SDK's listed.

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ArkAndyFraser 

The S32 Software Development Kit (SDK) for S32K1  is an extensive suite of peripheral abstraction layers, peripheral drivers, RTOS, stacks, and middleware. 

NOTE: S32DS v3.5 only has support for SDK v4.0.1. The last release of this software is supported by S32DS v3.4. 

On the other hand, the Real-Time Drivers (RTD) are a set supporting real-time software on AUTOSAR and non-AUTOSAR applications targeting Arm® Cortex®-M cores and ISO 26262 compliance for all software layers. 

Regarding the RTD package installation, firstly, we recommend using the latest release. This can be downloaded from Real-Time Drivers for S32K1 -> Automotive SW - S32K1_S32M24x - Real-Time Drivers for Cortex-M -> S32K1_S32M24X Real Time Drivers AUTOSAR 4.4 & R21-11 Version 2.0.0. Download the update site package that can be installed in S32DS through S32 Design Studio Extensions and Updates -> Add Update Sites and select the archive file containing the S32 RTD software.

Also, check the following S32DS HOWTOs. It might be useful for you. 

S32DS Extensions & Updates: Explanation and How To Use

HOWTO: S32 Design Studio - Create a New Application Project

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED example project using S32K1xx RTD with AUTOSAR

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED example project using S32K1xx RTD without AUTOSAR

B.R.

VaneB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ArkAndyFraser 

The S32 Software Development Kit (SDK) for S32K1  is an extensive suite of peripheral abstraction layers, peripheral drivers, RTOS, stacks, and middleware. 

NOTE: S32DS v3.5 only has support for SDK v4.0.1. The last release of this software is supported by S32DS v3.4. 

On the other hand, the Real-Time Drivers (RTD) are a set supporting real-time software on AUTOSAR and non-AUTOSAR applications targeting Arm® Cortex®-M cores and ISO 26262 compliance for all software layers. 

Regarding the RTD package installation, firstly, we recommend using the latest release. This can be downloaded from Real-Time Drivers for S32K1 -> Automotive SW - S32K1_S32M24x - Real-Time Drivers for Cortex-M -> S32K1_S32M24X Real Time Drivers AUTOSAR 4.4 & R21-11 Version 2.0.0. Download the update site package that can be installed in S32DS through S32 Design Studio Extensions and Updates -> Add Update Sites and select the archive file containing the S32 RTD software.

Also, check the following S32DS HOWTOs. It might be useful for you. 

S32DS Extensions & Updates: Explanation and How To Use

HOWTO: S32 Design Studio - Create a New Application Project

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED example project using S32K1xx RTD with AUTOSAR

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED example project using S32K1xx RTD without AUTOSAR

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos
ArkAndyFraser
Contributor III

@VaneB I am trying to keep S32DS up to date so am trying to migrate away from the SDK and onto RTD.

I think what was confusing me is that I have twelve AUTOSAR RTD packages listed but none of them supported the S32K144 device I am using. However, having downloaded the package you referenced; I can now see the module I need to install.

Many thanks for your help.

Andy

0 Kudos